DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registering Aircraft Without Serial Numbers

Chaosrider

Reactions
As part of building the drone community in my area, I expect to be lending out small drones that don't have serial numbers. For example the H823H micro drone.

When I registered my Mini-2s, I noticed that they had a provision, which I didn't explore, for registering drones that don't have serial numbers.

How does that work? If I register an H823H, and it gets lost, can I just use that Reg# for another H823H, or do I have to de-register the first one, and then register the replacement? Even though there would be no way to distinguish between the two.

This registration will be Part 107.

Any experience with, or guidance about this issue would be greatly appreciated! I want to do everything I need to do in this regard, but I don't want to do things that are unnecessary.

Thx,

TCS

As part of building the drone community in my area, I expect to be lending out small drones that don't have serial numbers. For example the H823H micro drone.
If those drones are going to be flown under 44809 (just for fun), you don't have to register them. Adnt eh H823H is a micro drone that should really only be flown inside. So there is no FAA registration requirement anyway. If it flies outside, and you're only flying recreationally, don't register it. No need.
When I registered my Mini-2s, I noticed that they had a provision, which I didn't explore, for registering drones that don't have serial numbers.
If a drone doesn't have a serial number, click the box labeled "SERIAL NUMBER NOT APPLICABLE" and you're fine. It will gray out the box.
How does that work? If I register an H823H, and it gets lost, can I just use that Reg# for another H823H, or do I have to de-register the first one, and then register the replacement? Even though there would be no way to distinguish between the two.
Legally you can't transfer registration numbers between drones. But as you say, there is no way to distinguish between the drones if you lose or destroy one.
This registration will be Part 107.
Why would you register this one in the first place? There really is no need. The people you'll be giving these to won't be flying under 107. All they need to do is take the TRUST and they're good to go.

Don't over complicate the process. It will be easier on you if you don't.
Any experience with, or guidance about this issue would be greatly appreciated! I want to do everything I need to do in this regard, but I don't want to do things that are unnecessary.

Thx,

TCS
Does this answer you questions?

Again, I'm not sure why you want to register these as 107.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405