DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registering Drone

Zeitgeist

Reactions
I have registered a couple of drones in the past. New FAA system asks if I want stickers or a laminated card. I answer no because just want to register and will tape the number myself. It goes strait to checkout and asking for a card without even asking the serial number, type etc. What am I missing. Thanks in advance.

I think you are on the wrong website. Where are you trying to register your drone?

Also are you a Part 107 licensed pilot? If you aren't, then you don't actually register individual drones at all. You only register yourself as a pilot and put that same number on all your drones.

I have registered a couple of drones in the past. New FAA system asks if I want stickers or a laminated card. I answer no because just want to register and will tape the number myself. It goes strait to checkout and asking for a card without even asking the serial number, type etc. What am I missing. Thanks in advance.
107 or recreational?
Is the card free?
If you answer with no at checkout.., the your done except paying.

I have registered a couple of drones in the past. New FAA system asks if I want stickers or a laminated card. I answer no because just want to register and will tape the number myself. It goes strait to checkout and asking for a card without even asking the serial number, type etc. What am I missing.
You are missing a couple of things:
1. You don't have to register any more drones, your number is good for as many drones as you own.
2. You haven't been looking at the FAA's website, but have found one of the parasite sites that charge you extra and give you stickers.
The FAA does not supply stickers or laminated cards.

Welcome to the forum :)

It sounds like (as already mentioned) you're not on the official FAA website. You want to go to:

Y'all nailed it, I was on the wrong site. I am not a commercial pilot. Underneath the recreational flyer dashboard, it shows a registration number. Is that what I put on my new drone? Also, under the part 107 dashboard, it says I am a part 107 administrator. I am a recreational guy. It also has a link to register my drone in the recreational section.

Y'all nailed it, I was on the wrong site. I am not a commercial pilot. Underneath the recreational flyer dashboard, it shows a registration number. Is that what I put on my new drone? Also, under the part 107 dashboard, it says I am a part 107 administrator. I am a recreational guy. It also has a link to register my drone in the recreational section.

Yes, you just use the number under the recreational dashboard for your new drone.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
Any thoughts on why it has me as an admin in the part 107 section?

I think that is just the interface for registering aircraft under Part 107. If you don't have a 107 certificate, don't use that section of the site.

Reactions: Thomas B
There is no "new FAA system", and those questions make it clear that you are on a third-party website. I'll bet the price isn't $5 either.
[email protected]
Hope that’s the right place because that’s where I paid my $5. Declined decals and card. Was prompted to print my registration card. Says Federal Aviation Administration, Small USS Certificate of Registration, certificate holder, USS certificate number, issued, expires.

[email protected]
Hope that’s the right place because that’s where I paid my $5. Declined decals and card. Was prompted to print my registration card. Says Federal Aviation Administration, Small USS Certificate of Registration, certificate holder, USS certificate number, issued, expires.

If you mean faadronezone.faa.gov then yes - that's the correct website, but the FAA doesn't offer decals or cards, so something doesn't add up there.

If you mean faadronezone.faa.gov then yes - that's the correct website, but the FAA doesn't offer decals or cards, so something doesn't add up there.

I went back and walked through the process based on comments made to zeitgeist’s post. Perhaps it’s a new offering since the initial registration process.

I went back and walked through the process based on comments made to zeitgeist’s post. Perhaps it’s a new offering since the initial registration process.

I have no idea what you are looking at. I just ran a test registration, up to the point of completing payment. There were no options to purchase decals or cards.

Copy & Paste the exact URL you're seeing anything to do with Cards & Decals. Something isn't right here.

Copy & Paste the exact URL you're seeing anything to do with Cards & Decals. Something isn't right here.
I did, on my computer, and I couldn’t get there. Had to logon and I was already registered. So, there you have it

Looking again from my phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS