DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registering myself and my Mavic Air 2 with CAA

isoldeba

Reactions
Hello
Very New here, very new drone pilot - working on getting my registrations done. I have completed the CAA test for getting a Drone Id and a Pilot ID for the UK. It says A1 & A3 Open, Sub Category. My intent was to use a mavic Air 2 for photography while in Scotland in May. All photos would be for personal usage. And hopefully away from wildlife, humans and other aircraft. Would anyone know if I need to do any more tests? Thanks you

@isoldeba the Operator ID number which cost you the £9 has to be displayed on the outside of the drone ,and the Flyer ID the test you took needs to be on your Phone or a paper printout and carried with you when you fly ,the transitional period for a Mavic Air size drone lasts till the end of this year and you would be flying it in the A3 open category at the moment ,if you had a 250g drone such as the Mini2 or similar ,then you could fly that in the A1 open category ,which has less restrictions on height ,distance ,and overflight ,than the Mavic air but for now the OP ID and Flyer ID is all you need

Thank you OMM. I didn' t realise that you had to have your flyer ID on hand to produce if required. Although I do have it on a stored message on my phone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots