DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registration For UK Drone To Fly In USA

Lofty11

Reactions
Please help
I live in the UK and I'm planning on taking my Mavic 2 drone to the USA on holiday for recreational purposes only. I understand that I have to complete an online awareness course called TRUST which is fine, but I also have to register my drone with the American FAA. My issue is that when I try to complete the online form it doesn’t recognise my UK telephone number which has to be entered to complete the form. Do I enter the Telelphone number of the hotel that I'm staying at instead. I don’t want to enter misleading information

I've just had this message back from the FAA, I hope it helps anyone who is in this position

The FAADroneZone current recognizes on US formatted telephone numbers. You may use the number of a US friend, relative, or hotel where you will be staying.

I have just checked my FAA Drone Zone Dashboard and they have my U.K. mobile number registered. I registered in 2017 though so it might have changed. Try the format my number is in-just the U.K. nos, not International dealing with 0044s etc just, xxx-xx-xxxxxx
Good luck!

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme