DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registration Numbers

AgentOrange2015

Reactions
It is actually quite funny that everybody is now learning that they need to put there REGISTRATION NUMBERS, where they are clearly visible. This whole thing goes back to late 2014/early 2015 when the FAA was charging 5.00 for the registration but would refund that 5.00 back to you for having registered your drone. I did just that and the FAA refunded the 5.00, I then put my registration number on all my drones, both new and old. For those of you wandering, you only need one REGISTRATION NUMBER for yourself, it is good for all your drones, so you do not have to Register each drone you have with a different Registration Number. Hope this blast from the past helps out the new guys and gals to the sport.

Reactions: Thomas B
Currently your registration number can be anywhere on the drone including within a battery compartment. Beginning next week the number must be on the external surface of the aircraft.

Because inside the battery compartment has long been a favoref location this new revision is a significant change for a lot of pilots.

I printed my info on paper, sized to fit on an arm of my drone. Attached it with clear strapping tape. I ALSO put my name and ph number on another arm of the drone just in case!

Here is how I did it, faa#, reward, phone #, printed on decalgirl skin.IMG_20180419_161843396.jpeg

So, the government has my email address. Are they going to notify me the rules changed? Or I have to depend on the good folks here to pass the word? Sorry, that's rhetorical and a rant.

Reactions: sadatoni
For those of you wandering, you only need one REGISTRATION NUMBER for yourself, it is good for all your drones, so you do not have to Register each drone you have with a different Registration Number. Hope this blast from the past helps out the new guys and gals to the sport.

This is partially true. For hobbyist/recreational flying only, you only need one registration# for all of your drones. If you are flying under Part 107 rules/certification, you need each drone registered seperately.

So let me get this right, The one I put in my Battery Compartment is no longer correct. Even if no tools are required to remove my battery and view it. I now have to affix it somewhere on the outisde of the drone? Sorry, I am new to drones and want to make sure I am operating and understanding this correctly.

So let me get this right, The one I put in my Battery Compartment is no longer correct. Even if no tools are required to remove my battery and view it. I now have to affix it somewhere on the outisde of the drone? Sorry, I am new to drones and want to make sure I am operating and understanding this correctly.

You should have it in multiple locations. One under the battery is not a bad idea. If it gets ripped apart in a crash the main body is the most important part (and maybe the only part) you want back.

You should have it in multiple locations. One under the battery is not a bad idea. If it gets ripped apart in a crash the main body is the most important part (and maybe the only part) you want back.
you may want to add your name and phone number also.

Correct! It must be externally visible.

Great info. Thanks!

I just relabeled today since I now am flying under 107 so had to re-register with FAA. Now my MP1 is registered itself with a new ID #.

Sticker on inside of one front arm, one on the aft and on end of each of my three batteries.

I read somewhere the FAA didn't want their people to have to disassemble, or pull batteries out of, potentially boobytrapped drones to get to the FAA number.

All that black market C4 I purchased, all for naught. Rats, foiled again...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird