DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registration Problems

Jimmie101

Reactions
A friend of mine just bought a Mavic 2 Pro. He went to the site to register it. They took his credit card payment and he's been calling ever since. It's been a month. Now it took me only 1 week to get mine. We live in Penna.
Is this common?
Just trying to help him and I'm getting nowhere.

Maybe a backlog related to Chinese New Year. Dunno. Go on the site and see if you can get text or phone support.

A friend of mine just bought a Mavic 2 Pro. He went to the site to register it. They took his credit card payment and he's been calling ever since. It's been a month. Now it took me only 1 week to get mine. We live in Penna.
Is this common?

He went to what site?

Is this common?

Why did it even take you one week? The process is instantaneous and costs $5 if you use the FAA website. It sounds as if you both used one of the third party sites that charges a significant fee to do what you could have done yourself in around two minutes.

Reactions: Krvelasco
I have three drones register....never had any issues...usually good experiences. flying drones since 2013

I have three drones register....never had any issues...usually good experiences. flying drones since 2013
Just curious. How (why) are you registering 3 drones ? The process is not to register each individual SUAS. You register yourself and the registration number you are given goes on all of the SUAS aircraft you fly.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
I have three different drones. I actually own 6

I registered 4 drones back to back. Via FAA website. It took a total time of 10 mins. I had all 4 reg. Numbers within the 10 min mark. $20 usd. Just saying....

I registered 4 drones back to back. Via FAA website. It took a total time of 10 mins. I had all 4 reg. Numbers within the 10 min mark. $20 usd. Just saying....

Unless I have completely missed the boat on this one, You only have to pay a 1 time 5 dollar fee and register yourself. You will receive 1 reg number to put on all of your drones.

Unless I have completely missed the boat on this one, You only have to pay a 1 time 5 dollar fee and register yourself. You will receive 1 reg number to put on all of your drones.
Not for 107 registrants. Each UAV used commercially must be registered separately at $5 each and each receives its own number. 336 registrants register themselves, not their UAVs, thus one number is good for multiple aircraft.

Reactions: geodiverlewis
correct I am Part 107...cost me...$15.00 ...tag per drone...each with a different serial number.

Reactions: geodiverlewis
Correct. Unfortunately I did not see that option until I did it the stupid thing of doing them separately.

If you're registering under part 107 then you have to register each drone that cost $5 for each drone every two years. If you register as a hobbyist under part 336 you register yourself one time for $5 every 3 years and put that number on all your aircraft. FAA has two separate registrations depending on how you intend to fly your drone.

If you're registering under part 107 then you have to register each drone that cost $5 for each drone every two years. If you register as a hobbyist under part 336 you register yourself one time for $5 every 3 years and put that number on all your aircraft. FAA has two separate registrations depending on how you intend to fly your drone.

One small correction - aircraft registration under Part 107 is for 3 years, unlike the certification, which is 2 years of course.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
One small correction - aircraft registration under Part 107 is for 3 years, unlike the certification, which is 2 years of course.

Yes you are correct, oops my mistake. Too many fees and registrations. LOL

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S