DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registration Question

OkDrone

Reactions
So, I have a question. Today flying without notice my Air 2s shut off and fell out of the sky. :(

I have the care plan and am sending it in for a replacement. The question is I guess I need to register the new one when it comes in? What do I do about the old one that will not be out there anymore? And since I already have a registration number how do I handle that?

And yes, I know not to fall for the scammers who try to get more than the 5 bucks the FAA charges.

So, I have a question. Today flying without notice my Air 2s shut off and fell out of the sky. :(

I have the care plan and am sending it in for a replacement. The question is I guess I need to register the new one when it comes in? What do I do about the old one that will not be out there anymore? And since I already have a registration number how do I handle that?

And yes, I know not to fall for the scammers who try to get more than the 5 bucks the FAA charges.
If you have recreational registration, you never registered any drone.
You registered yourself and the registration is good for as many drones as you have.

Ok. Thanks. So no need to go in and add anything new? Registered as Rec. And don't need to do anything else. I am working on part 107 so I guess that is where each one needs to be registered. Just wanted to make sure.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Uuum wouldn't you be interested in knowing WHY it shut down in mid air .....or do you already know?
If you do not already know and want to know then have a read of the web page DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
follow the instructions on it and retrieve the flight log from your phone. Then either post the txt flight log on here or upload it to that webpage and post the link to the resulting webpage here.
Who knows what the log might show, malfunction, pilot error, bird strike etc.?

Reactions: snowghost
Of course I would like to know. I will check the link out. I am new to this. I thought the RTH function would have kicked in if the battery was low. Not sure if it was that. I have the setting to RTH as the battery gets low. I looked at the video data but could not tell much from it.

The low battery RTH should have kicked (if the battery was low) in but it can be cancelled.
That aside, even with an emptied battery and providing it is at sensible heights, the drone should NOT fall from the sky. It should descend in an all but on stoppable descent. People have flown to percentages that were below 0 (especially when they have been caught out and are over water) and with full throttle have managed to keep the drone in the air, for a while, and in somecases get back over land but eventually it will descend.
Obviously if it was ridiculously high the battery may die before the drone lands and then the drone will shut down and drop.
Your "fall from the sky" is unusual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98