DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registration recreational to part 107?

Zamfield

Reactions
I registered my drone with a recreational use, but now after passing my part 107, do I need to get a new number from the FAA that is a part 107 registration?

Any drone you fly under Part 107 needs to be registered individually. You'll need the drone's serial number to complete the registration.

Your recreational registration didn't collect individual serial numbers on each drone, but just gave you one number to use on all your drones.

welcome to the forum

Respondents are correct in their answers!
When you register with the FAA as recreational, YOU are registered and you would use your registration number on your drones.
When you register with the FAA as commercial (107), your drones are registered. Each will have its own unique registration number.

Reactions: BrianH55
Your recreational registration didn't collect individual serial numbers on each drone, but just gave you one number to use on all your drones.
I just registered my MM2 a few days ago and I had to enter the serial number of it before I could proceed with the RE registration. I don't know if it's mandatory but they ask for the drone's info for every one that you will fly under the Recreational Exception. There is a box to check that there is no serial number but, to me, that would raise a red flag if you enter it's a DJI drone and don't enter a serial number.

welcome to the forum

Respondents are correct in their answers!
When you register with the FAA as recreational, YOU are registered and you would use your registration number on your drones.
When you register with the FAA as commercial (107), your drones are registered. Each will have its own unique registration number.
Ok, so I just finished the new registration for my mavic air 2 as a part 107 drone. However, I was under the impression that DJI drone were remote ID compliant, and the FAA clearly disagrees because it wouldn’t let me register with the ‘yes’ answer to that question. What do I need to do to comply with the remote ID rule? I’ve updated my settings to use it in the fly app.

Ok, so I just finished the new registration for my mavic air 2 as a part 107 drone. However, I was under the impression that DJI drone were remote ID compliant, and the FAA clearly disagrees because it wouldn’t let me register with the ‘yes’ answer to that question. What do I need to do to comply with the remote ID rule? I’ve updated my settings to use it in the fly app.
It doesn't formally exist yet, and so you cannot comply with it yet. That's why the site won't let you complete the registration if you answer "yes".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00