DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registrations for multiple drones

GGehret

Reactions
PLEASE forgive me if this has already been discussed. I remember reading somewhere that my registration number with the FAA is for ME, not my drone. If that is correct...I just bought a used Spark and controller (already have M2P that IS registered.) DO I need to also list or register my Spark when it arrives and before I fly on the FAA website,or somewhere else, or do I just put my current registration number on my Spark drone and go fly??? THANKS!!

If your flying hobby you are the one registered. You use that # on all your birds.
Yep, flying hobby. :) I sorta figured this was the case, but wanted to check. I didn't know if I had to list the serial number of the Spark with the fAA. Thanks.

Reactions: dirkclod
PLEASE forgive me if this has already been discussed. I remember reading somewhere that my registration number with the FAA is for ME, not my drone. If that is correct...I just bought a used Spark and controller (already have M2P that IS registered.) DO I need to also list or register my Spark when it arrives and before I fly on the FAA website,or somewhere else, or do I just put my current registration number on my Spark drone and go fly??? THANKS!!
The FAA in the USA states that you only need to register your drone once. $5.00. Other drones you own do not need to be registered, but the registration number of the drone you registered must be marked on each of your drones. So basically, you're not registering the drone, but registering yourself as the drone pilot.

Reactions: GGehret
If you were asked for a serial number when you registered, you might have been on the wrong site. It is confusing.

Reactions: GGehret
The FAA in the USA states that you only need to register your drone once. $5.00. Other drones you own do not need to be registered, but the registration number of the drone you registered must be marked on each of your drones. So basically, you're not registering the drone, but registering yourself as the drone pilot.
THanks, that's whay I thought, but wanted to make sure.

If you were asked for a serial number when you registered, you might have been on the wrong site. It is confusing.
I just don't remember exactly what I was asked. I just wanted to make sure I knew what to do when my Spark arrives. Thanks,

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS