DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Regulations in Tenerife

Reactions
Hi Pilots
For July, I'm going to vacation on tenerife, and I wondered how to take my drone with.
I have searched the forum and found some different information.
  • Any drone under 2kg can be flown by anyone, but any drone over that weight requires a drone pilot’s licence.
  • Drones must remain in sight and may not exceed 120m altitude.
  • Drones may not be flown near airports.
  • Drones may not be flown in or over national parks.
  • Drones may not be flown over urban areas or any areas where groups of people are gathered.
  • Drones may not be flown where people are undertaking airborne sports like paragliding.
  • Drones may not be flown at night.
  • Drones may not be used commercially for aerial work purposes, e.g. photogrammetry, agricutural intervention, graphic reportage, pylon inspections, border vigilance, forest fire detection, etc.

But are there anyone in here who have experiences with Tenerife?

I found this, IcarusRPA - SKYDRONEX - DRONEX ®

From Skydronex, but I'm not sure I understand the different colors?
The different "clases" there are both:
C - ZP - R - Q - D ???

I hope this does not cause irritations, as I have not been able to find answers to others in others Threads :)

Happy flight everybody ! :)

I would say avoid flying in all marked zones and follow above rules. Still if somebody does not like you flying around with little buzzer they can report you and police can still say you are doing a graphical reportage without permit... Just try to make sure everybody around is ok with flying drone or find empty spot with nobody to spot or hear your bird and you should be good. ;)

Reactions: benjaminovervad
Hi, I just visited Tenerife with my drone. I was a bit afraid because the new regulations. But everything was ok. Even in the Teide national park, where is flying prohibited.

All tourists (and guards as well) ale located in a very few spots. 99,9% of all people don't go further than 100m from car/bus. We were hiking around few days a we were absolutely alone in the beautiful country. You can always find nice shadow behind some rock and fly your drone. The risk of meeting someone is very, very low.

There is also a lot of beautiful places outside the national park (coastline and the north part) where you can fly legaly.

Hey folks, I'm in Tenerife this week, I've been trawling the interweb for rules and regs for drone flights...I'd say I was a considerate Drone Pilot and do my utmost to adhere to the local Drone Code. Travelling out through Luton Airport i declared that I had my Mavic Pro in its fly more bag / Batteries in DJI LiPo bags and no-one batted an eyelid.
We are in Costa Adeje. I use UAV forcast to tell me where I can safely fly in the UK but for Tenerife it doesnt show warning areas like Teide Park, just the NFZ's near the airports....
We have some trips planned and will ask the operator(s) and other guests if they are opposed to me using it, i'd do the same at home.
Other than that I will put the bird in the air whereever i have clear space from residential areas / parks and groups of people and if I am approached I'll play nicely be apologetic and advise that I have a copy of the Countries drone code in an attempt to remain on the right side of the law.

I'll report back in 7 days :)

Reactions: simbcfc1
Hey folks, I'm in Tenerife this week, I've been trawling the interweb for rules and regs for drone flights...I'd say I was a considerate Drone Pilot and do my utmost to adhere to the local Drone Code. Travelling out through Luton Airport i declared that I had my Mavic Pro in its fly more bag / Batteries in DJI LiPo bags and no-one batted an eyelid.
We are in Costa Adeje. I use UAV forcast to tell me where I can safely fly in the UK but for Tenerife it doesnt show warning areas like Teide Park, just the NFZ's near the airports....
We have some trips planned and will ask the operator(s) and other guests if they are opposed to me using it, i'd do the same at home.
Other than that I will put the bird in the air whereever i have clear space from residential areas / parks and groups of people and if I am approached I'll play nicely be apologetic and advise that I have a copy of the Countries drone code in an attempt to remain on the right side of the law.

I'll report back in 7 days :)

I’m just up the road this week. Our hotel is a great spot for flying, but I’ve had a coupe of moments where I’ve had to land quickly due to incoming helicopters or paragliders.

We went to the Teide National Park and I took my Air, but didn’t have the balls to ignore the NFZ and put it in the air. It was windy as hell too, which helped my decision. There were some fantastic shots to be had if you do it though...

You can use this map to show the official no fly zones.
IcarusRPA - SKYDRONEX - DRONEX ®

Have a great holiday.

Reactions: leebroath
Hi Andy that's great to know. I've had it in the air at the beach a couple of times but for minutes only. It's the mountains I want to get to (inbetween family days out).

It is a bit more complicated than Icarus, there is a more detailed site called ENAIRE Drones which will lead you to an excellent map BUT it shows very few legal flying zones! I am in Tenerife at the moment and haven't flown yet but one of the few areas is on the west coast north of the Playa de San Juan.

hello i have a few question.
What has changed since summer in aviation law for recreational flying a drone?

Do you need medical research?
do you need registered flight in EASA?
Do you need to have flight documentation?
do you need to have insurance? Is it only extra?

i need this information only for recreational flight...
and sorry for my english i just learning now :) thank you.

Last edited:
Hi Daimon,
you don't need medical exam, registration or flight documentation to fly recreationally in Tenerife/Spain.
Insurance is recommended.
If your drone is less than 2Kg it's quite easy : basically you can't fly in controlled airspace or in/over National Park (Teide), not near airports (must be at least 8Km), not over buildings/cities and crowds, you must maintain visual line of sight and are limited to 120m AGL.
There is an official map that shows where it's permitted to fly : ENAIRE Drones
FAQ about Spanish rules (in Spanish) : Preguntas frecuentes-Drones-Trabajos aéreos-Compañías o empresas-AESA-Agencia Estatal de Seguridad Aérea - Ministerio de Fomento

Reactions: leebroath
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE