DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Bottom USB Issue

Shears

Reactions
Hi, I’ve been looking for info about this topic but couldn’t find anything.
I can connect my Mavic 2 Zoom with the micro USB to my iPhone, but when it comes to the bottom USB, the app just doesn’t recognize the drone.
I tried also with my iPad, and same problem: the app just doesn’t connect to the Mavic.
Any suggestion why this is happening and how can I solve this?
Thank you

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi, I’ve been looking for info about this topic but couldn’t find anything.
I can connect my Mavic 2 Zoom with the micro USB to my iPhone, but when it comes to the bottom USB, the app just doesn’t recognize the drone.
I tried also with my iPad, and same problem: the app just doesn’t connect to the Mavic.
Any suggestion why this is happening and how can I solve this?
Thank you
in order for the bottom USB to work you have to make sure the lead in the side port is unplugged

Reactions: Thomas B
I was about to write a full description of the many steps I just did, and then tried that simple solution: actually it seems the cable is not working properly.
Funny fact: I tried with the second cable yesterday and wasn’t working either; today, it does.

So in this case, I shouldn’t use it while flying because it could disconnect while on the air right?

Check for dirt in the socket, or any other physical conditions in there that might explain poor connections.

Another thing to be aware of is some iOS cables are ”charging cables only” and do not support data transfers. These types will not allow the DJI Go4 app to communicate with the device. For iOS cables, make sure they are “sync and charging cables”. Test your cable by connecting the phone or iPad to your computer and verify that it can also communicate data with the computer (eg try transferring a few photos to the computer, syncing with iTunes, etc. )

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute