DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

remote control battery charge only to 98 %

detectorguy

Reactions
Can I change the battery in the remote for the DJI mavic 2 zoom remote? It charges to 98% and when I get out in the field the remote comes down real low in percentage.

You must load ALL battery before flight: Smartphone, RC, and Flight battery! When remote and smartphone is on, androids ar loading from the RC battery. so the RC-akku comes down quick. iphones can be regulated, to load or not to load.
I start to fly only with fully charged smartphone and RC, so i never had problems with empty akkus.

As far as I know, the RC is sealed and it is not easy to open the issue and to change battery.

Can I change the battery in the remote for the DJI mavic 2 zoom remote? It charges to 98% and when I get out in the field the remote comes down real low in percentage.
No, you can't change out the controller battery. I've seen the charging only to 98% sometimes, but then other times, it charges all the way to 100%. I don't know why the variability. As for your controller draining quickly, you must make sure the device that you're using to fly with (phone, tablet) is fully charged when you fly because the controller charges that device when you're flying. With android devices, you can't shut that off. With Apple, you can. My solution is to attach a small external battery to the controller during flight. This requires that you connect the controller to the phone or tablet with the full sized USB connector at the bottom of the controller, and you must wait until after you make the connection with the drone (via the USB port at the bottom of the controller) before plugging in the battery. Using this method I have about 75% controller battery remaining after 6 batteries.

That's why I asked how many flights he manages on an RC charge. If 3 or 4 and he's using an Android, the RC battery is OK, with the problem of the Android pulling 500mA charge current from the RC.

I like to fly 4 to 6 batteries per outing on the drone. Sometimes I get to fly 2 depending on how much time we have.
I use a Ipad 9.7 I think to see great pictures and info while flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots