DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote control range extenders

Brightspark

Reactions
Are the Remote control range extenders actually worth getting? I understand they point directly to the MM but do you actually get a stronger signal? If they are is there a good brand to go for?

personally I think there is enough documented videos out there and other evidence to suggest they do indeed work.

Reactions: Garilla
I have had a Mavic Pro for about a year and have tried the cheap (under $20) ones. Results were disappointing. I could not tell much of a deference if any at all.
I am thinking of antenna mod that is available online but it involves opening the controller thereby voiding warranty. I have seen videos where there was noticeable improvement.
I may order one this week and will be posting results in the near future.

Reactions: Thanev
I have had a Mavic Pro for about a year and have tried the cheap (under $20) ones. Results were disappointing. I could not tell much of a deference if any at all.
I am thinking of antenna mod that is available online but it involves opening the controller thereby voiding warranty. I have seen videos where there was noticeable improvement.
I may order one this week and will be posting results in the near future.

I have watched videos just don’t know it these videos are just fluke. I will be keeping an eye out for your post [emoji106]

It comes down to your own expectations.
What range are you getting ?
How much further are you looking to get ?

Lets get real here.

They do work but, as said above, keep your expectations real. I have one, but rarely use it as I’m in a rural setting and can easily go 3/4 mile. I have a friend who took his mini to a suburban area and it made a huge difference. Don’t forget about VLOS Law though. I hope this helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851