DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Control Sticks not working

theallyeezy

Reactions
I just got my mavic today from best buy and I calibrated everything and stuff, every thing seemed to be okay. Since its already night time, I don't want to go out anymore to try out the mavic so I thought I'd do the flight simulator. The sticks are not responding at all. When i did the RC calibration, it worked just fine. I'm not sure if I'm missing any steps or skipping something important. Please help! I'm scared to take this out not cause if its not working with the flight simulator, then I have a feeling it wont even work when its actually flying.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8+ too, if this helps!

Are you using the "slide to take off" or CSC?

Also, since you're new it's a good idea to remove the props while trying the flight simulator... just in case.

Update:

I finally brought the drone outside and tried to at least let it hover. So I could start the props up, with the left and right sticks down. It did run. I tried to go up, no avail. Using the left stick and moving it left and right, the stick responds. Going up though is not doing anything.

Then I tried to do the slide to take off, it went up. But it wouldn't go up anymore. Im going out again right now to try it again with a different battery. (although right now my battery is at 57%.)

Are you using the "slide to take off" or CSC?

Also, since you're new it's a good idea to remove the props while trying the flight simulator... just in case.

I did try to use both when I went out right now. I will try right now with a different battery to see if it causes any difference.

Am I supposed to be on mode 2? :\ I'm sorry, I just got the drone today. And I'm really not too sure about anything just yet.

Most people fly mode 2.. You should probably watch a few videos and read a little bit before attempting another flight. The Mavic is super easy to fly but also super easy to crash. Please don't become another one of those people who crashes it on day one.

Oh no. I've been watching tutorials and stuff before I even bought the mavic. I think I got too excited earlier and assumed that the default would be Mode 1. This is another reason why I wanted to use the flight simulator before I went out and actually flew the aircraft.

Thank you so much for the help. With all the tutorials I'm watching its very easy to miss little information like this, and I'm glad I decided to join the forums.

Again, thank you so much. I wish you a great and safe 4th of July!

You're welcome. Have fun!

Stick around this thread for a little and a couple people will come in and start arguing about something! It's like magic.

Reactions: Flycaster
Hi there.

I have been fliying my mavic for a long time, but some how after switched from rca to wifi only, the joysticks stoped working.

Only the take off command works nothing else works.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks in advance.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007