DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote controller battery run-time with Android device

foxtd

Reactions
Hello,

I suspect the battery in my remote controller to be defective. After the purchase, I was able to fly three drone batteries (about 75 minutes) in a row and RC showed about half the battery left. But now after 9 hours of flight time, I can get only about 40 minutes of RC run-time from fully charged to power off. Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is connected. The other strange thing that if you turn on the remote several hours later after it was fully discharged it can show full charge bars again. I've sent the RC to the local service center (Ukraine). The problem that I was unable to find typical RC runtime with an Android device connected in drone specs on DJI site, so it's hard to convince the service engineer that remote is not ok.

What the average RC runtime do you have with an Android device connected?

I frequently flew with a 10” Android tablet & like you “I was able to fly three drone batteries (about 75 minutes) in a row and RC showed about half the battery left “

Hello,

I suspect the battery in my remote controller to be defective. After the purchase, I was able to fly three drone batteries (about 75 minutes) in a row and RC showed about half the battery left. But now after 9 hours of flight time, I can get only about 40 minutes of RC run-time from fully charged to power off. Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is connected. The other strange thing that if you turn on the remote several hours later after it was fully discharged it can show full charge bars again. I've sent the RC to the local service center (Ukraine). The problem that I was unable to find typical RC runtime with an Android device connected in drone specs on DJI site, so it's hard to convince the service engineer that remote is not ok.

What the average RC runtime do you have with an Android device connected?
all Android devices draw just under 500 mA to keep the data communication alive. Not the question you asked but here is my solution: (see the picture).

Attachments

• Mini OTG.jpg
    Mini OTG.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
The air 2 docs probably do specify the RC runtime with Android vs iOS, since DJI did put in that specification for the Mini.

The Android OS and most hardware used for Androids doesn't have an electrical means of disabling charging, yet the hardware does tend to require appropriate voltage on the power leads to detect and enable USB data. USB specs state a power giving host device, which is the RC in this case must be capable of supplying 500mA and since the device wants to charge, it will draw close to 500mA.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada