DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Controller Connection Error

KingJDrone

Reactions
Hi All,

Recently when fly my Mavic 2 Pro, always prompt Remote Controller Connection Error on phone screen.
But i still can control drone and landed manually, not using apps
The apps screen become black.
In order to fix, i need to turn off both RC and Aircraft and launch again the apps and turn On both RC and Aircraft to link back.
But this wouldn't last even 5 minutes, it turn same error again.

My Question:
1. What cause this error?
2. If the error cause by currently cable on left RC, is other option to link RC and Phone-Apps?
3. Which setting so that the aircraft will return to Homepoint when this error occur?

@KingJDrone you are better off using a cable from the USB at the bottom of the controller to your screen device
the side connector is very easy to damage, if you are not very careful when you plug a cable into it .if it gets damaged then you will not be able to charge the RC anymore and will have to get a replacement connector fitted into your RC ,quite a tricky job as it involves stripping down a lot of the components in the RC to get to it
if you do try a cable from the bottom USB make sure that there is nothing still plugged into the side connector ,as this will prevent it from working

Reactions: KingJDrone
@KingJDrone you are better off using a cable from the USB at the bottom of the controller to your screen device
the side connector is very easy to damage, if you are not very careful when you plug a cable into it .if it gets damaged then you will not be able to charge the RC anymore and will have to get a replacement connector fitted into your RC ,quite a tricky job as it involves stripping down a lot of the components in the RC to get to it
if you do try a cable from the bottom USB make sure that there is nothing still plugged into the side connector ,as this will prevent it from working
Hi Old Man,

Thanks a lot for your idea. You mean bottom USB as attached picture right? I'm using android phone, C type cable.

Just using normal USB to C type cable will do right?

Attachments

• USB RC.JPG
    USB RC.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: old man mavic
yes thats correct my friend please let us know if it works its normally the connection between the RC and device that causes the screen to go blank ,and it can also be, that your device has crashed if its to hot ,

yes thats correct my friend please let us know if it works its normally the connection between the RC and device that causes the screen to go blank ,and it can also be, that your device has crashed if its to hot ,
Hi Old Man,

Last night i did try immediately and it works ha3. The RC and Aircraft connected.
But i'm not yet fly my drone on field. Anyway i did wait several minutes to check if the error prompt or not and no error.

Appreciate your tips with big Thanks. ☺️

My last question, how to set the drone to RTH if any error happen during flight ? I would like to fly further distance after this just worried on this error.

@KingJDrone if you have access to a computer you can download the Manual for your drone directly from the DJI web site it is all explained in there
to set RTH you need to go into settings menu, on the App screen and set the height you want the drone to return at ,then you can decide what you want the drone to do if connection is lost, and you can choose hover land or RTH have the drone RC and screen all linked to do these settings as they are stored in the drone, but please try to download the manual if you can ,it is worth the effort

Reactions: KingJDrone
@KingJDrone if you have access to a computer you can download the Manual for your drone directly from the DJI web site it is all explained in there
to set RTH you need to go into settings menu, on the App screen and set the height you want the drone to return at ,then you can decide what you want the drone to do if connection is lost, and you can choose hover land or RTH have the drone RC and screen all linked to do these settings as they are stored in the drone, but please try to download the manual if you can ,it is worth the effort
Hi Old Man,

Got it. Will read tru it. Thanks a lot.

Reactions: old man mavic
I just had the same issue. Been flying my Mavic Pro with iPhone or iPad (connecting cable bottom port) and then I connected an Android. I purchased a cable that was C connection, but it had the Micro USB for side-port. Almost right away I was starting getting, Remote Controller Connection Errors, one after another, shortly into the flight. Aborted missions and RTH's. So I just went to using a Type C to Type A (bottom port) and thus far no more issues. Fingers crossed that solves it...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout