DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote controller connection error

rsimona

Reactions
Hi.

The last days I am having a lot of disconnections between the controller and the mavic 2 zoom. The application shows the message of 'Remote controller connection error' and then the control of the drone is lost. Within seconds the drone begins the RTH.

I tried using another cable, using the lower USB port, flying in airplane mode, and nothing has worked.
None of the areas where this happened to me has interferences.

It's less than 20 meters from the drone, it's not a weak signal problem

I attached a recording that I made of the DJI GO 4 application at the time the error appears and a screenshot of the flight record.

Any help will be welcome.

Video:

Log capture:

I was going to go into cabling issues but if you had a bad cable it would just cause problems with Go 4 and would not cause RTH to kick in. Perhaps try to pair your RC to your M2 again. There also may be a local interference problem. Does this happen at different locations?

I have already tried to reattach the RC with my M2 and go back.

It has happened to me in locations different to many km from each other.

It's a problem that happens to me randomly without any pattern.

I'm out. I do not have the M2 so am not qualified to offer specific advice. I am sure someone more qualified will jump in. Good luck!

Reactions: rsimona
OP, how old is the drone and how long have you had it? Where did you buy it from?

1. Make sure your antennae are oriented correctly at the drone.
  2. Update the firmware on both controller and drone.
  3. If you or someone you know has an M2, borrow their controller and bind it to your drone to isolate the problem.
If I were you, I would be very very careful at this point. You are flying over hilly terrain, and with a weak connection, you will be lucky if it RTH every time. Keep it close until you have identified the problem.

Reactions: ToddCarey
I bought the drone in January.

1. I do not think it's an antenna problem, this happens less than 20 meters from the drone.

2. Yesterday I updated to the new version of the firmware that was launched, and today I have had disconnections again.

3. Unfortunately I do not know anyone who has the M2.

I am aware that flying the drone in this state is a risk, it gives me a lot of insecurity.

1. I do not think it's an antenna problem, this happens less than 20 meters from the drone.

2. Yesterday I updated to the new version of the firmware that was launched, and today I have had disconnections again.

I am aware that flying the drone in this state is a risk, it gives me a lot of insecurity.

You can contact DJI and open a case with them. Maybe they will have suggestions that you have not tried. Good luck

Where are you located?

I'm out. I do not have the M2 so am not qualified to offer specific advice. I am sure someone more qualified will jump in. Good luck!

i'm with Mossiback i don't have a M2....
what Viewer (Device) are you using ...Ipad. ? Samsung.?

I was have sumular issues with My mavic Pro
Try to fly your Drone with controller only see if it still discontects easly
Might have an issue with you go4app
if you find you done doesnot disconects flying your drone with just your controller as often
try another flight app
I had a good luck with airmaps app for flight control/Camera Operation
......cR

Last edited:
this is my first reply about your conect issues first power up all devices to full i have had this problem many times make sure phone/remote/and drone have the same firmwear updates not older to newer also try usb port to conect phone or ipad hope this might help from russel

I fly the mavicpro on the remote and use jpeg to conect in camera settings menu GOOD LUCK AND FLYSAFE HOPE THIS IS HELPFULL

Today I have been doing tests and I can say with almost 100% that the problem has disappeared flying in airplane mode.

Every time I flew without plane mode the command had disconnections.

I use a OnePlus 3 with two SIM cards.

Today I have been doing tests and I can say with almost 100% that the problem has disappeared flying in airplane mode.

Every time I flew without plane mode the command had disconnections.

I use a OnePlus 3 with two SIM cards.

Hi

I am glad you posted this. I went out for my first zoom flight yesterday and had the same problems as you (I also use a OnePlus 3!!!) I think I did turn mine into airplane mode also in the end and it settled down.

It must be something to do with our phone. Anyhow I will be flying in Airplane mode now.

Regards

Jamie

Had same issue today; second flight on a Mavic Platinum. Using a Nvidea Shield K1. Will monitor and update. I don't think Airplane mode is a valid solution, but will try.

Thanks.

100% confirmed, flying in airplane mode is the solution
That is a great thing to know! Easy to implement. Does anybody know if there is ANY drawback from using AIRPLANE MODE on the phone? Does one lose ANY capability/feature related to flying the drone? In other words, is there any reason why one would NOT use airplane mode?

I now use the USB at the bottom of the controller rather than the side and have had 0 issues. I don't even have to switch to airplane mode as using the bottom seems to resolve all the issues I had. worth giving a try :)

Reactions: Former Member
That is a great thing to know! Easy to implement. Does anybody know if there is ANY drawback from using AIRPLANE MODE on the phone? Does one lose ANY capability/feature related to flying the drone? In other words, is there any reason why one would NOT use airplane mode?
Just remember to turn if off so that you get email and phone calls and texts. Generally gps continues to work. And if you enable Airplane Mode, you can then selectively turn on wifi or bt if you want.

Reactions: Former Member
I've had the same issue with my m2p a couple of days back. I saw message about the controller connection error and looking at the controller screen it the controller itself was going through a reboot of some sort. What made me a bit uneasy is that the drone begun landing. It was almost over the home point but there was a lot o water around and I have had no control over it. It did not ascend to a required altitude for rth but simply initiated landing. I hope this is only because it thought it was already over the home point and autoland is not default mode of operation when this error occurs.

Can the OP confirm its still working after putting it in Airplane mode?

I have had the same issues lately on my Zoom, "Remote Controller connection error" and Controller disconnect from phone (screen goes gray) It can work just fine, and all of a sudden its alot of disconnects.

Had the drone since since December, and flew in March, April and May without any issues, until last week.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SFC