DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Controller Error

ferret59

Reactions
Hi,
I have the Mavic Air 1, and I am experiencing a couple of issues that have me baffled.

1) While flying in a pretty open area, far above the tree tops, using a wired connection to the controller, I have frequent remote controller disconnects while flying. I have to return to home, shut down both the aircraft, and controller, then reopen DJIGO4, and go through the startup and linking process. During this process, the link establishes normally, other times I have to press the link button on the back of the drone to establish the link. This will sometimes happens 2 or 3 times in 20 minutes of flight time.

2) Sometimes when taking off, using the automatic take off feature, the drone will doesnt stop and hover at 1 meter, but ascends to about 3 meters, then rises, and lowers on its own, and returns to the ground, landing hard, motors remain running, until I manually shut them down.

Any ideas on what is going on?

• I'd probably refresh the firmware of the AC and RC using DJI Assistant 2
  • Delete and reinstall DJI Go4
  • Also replace the cable to see if that helps with the connection issue
  • Use the bottom USB port to connect the controller

Reactions: hiflyer201
Try Iannes ideas and if you're not successful in correcting the problems this is what I did...
I sent both my 1 1/2 year old Mavic Air 1 and Controller back to DJI...cost me 90 bucks but I got a new Drone and Controller..

Before doing anything else, try to check the magnetic field level on the place you are flying. It is common cause of such behavior. Also check out the existence of wifi's Interference. Change from 2.4 Ghz to 5.8 Ghz and see If the problem still remains. If all are clear, take a look at IMU's cituation. Then you can deside what you must do!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143