DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote controller losing connection at close range

Maddogcapt

Reactions
I've had my Mavic 2 for a while now and have had no problems until recently. For no apparent reason, the remote is losing connection with the aircraft at close distances (700 feet seems to be about the farthest I can go). I go from 5 bars of signal down to 3 almost immediately as it flies away and it holds 3 until instantly dropping to zero and disconnecting. This shouldn't be a signal interference problem because I'm flying at home where I have never had any problems, but I have tested in other locations with the same results. Moving the antenna orientation and pointing the remote different directions has little to no affect. Any ideas?

any recent crashes, drops or "bumps"?

Check flight status screen. Probably showing poor signal - interference. If it does it will be stuck on there until you manually change freq. It will only show this under flight status. No other indicators.

Tech support had me, refresh firmware, then manually change frequency. Nothing helped so my drone is in a box being shipped back for repair. I don’t expect to see it before Christmas.

Return iT in warranty [emoji121]️...you should Get perfect signal for at least 300m

update:

I received my m2p back from repair today and have one test flight out to approximately one mile distance with no connection issues. They replaced my remote controller under warranty. I would like to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the quick replacement after a nightmare scenario with my Inspire warranty repair two years ago. I would have preferred not having a problem, but at least their customer service was top notch this time!

As everything goes by their book, they can be good. Only cost me $2 for a refurbished remote when I broke the antenna. Granted I was getting a refresh of the AC at the same time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji