DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote controller not working with phone or charging

Amac123

Reactions
Hi guys,

I wonder if you might be able to help.
I have not used it in a while, so couple of days ago I started everything up to check if any updates were required.
Everything started, linked to phone and working fine.
I was going out this morning, so last night I set up the 3 batteries to charge, all fine.
But when I plug the controller into the charger it would not display it charging, just the battery voltage.
Tried turn it all on and off, still no luck.

Then I thought I would start everything back up, drone, controller, app and phone, in the hope something might reset.
But then it would not connect the app to the drone, it was like the phone was not connected.

So, I know its not the wires, as it does not work charging or connected to the phone and they are different wires.

So I guess I must have a faulty remote controller?

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks for any help guys,
Alex

...I have not used it in a while... when I plug the controller into the charger it would not display it charging... Tried turn it all on and off, still no luck.
How long is "a while" ... it's happened before, people storing away the RC nearly drained for a long time & then the battery self discharge way below the critical voltage level & can't be resurrected again.

It wasn't clear ... could you start the RC or not?

Oh hi,
Yes it would start up. it has about 49% battery, connects to the drone fine.
It just will not charge, and will not connect to my phone.
Thanks for your help.

And you know that it's important to turn the usb micro adapter in the correct direction ..? Otherwise you will break the the RC charging port.

1619027540939.png

As you see below ... it's possible to jam in the cable turned around in the DJI squarish connector, & by that damage the it.

1619027613719.png

Hi, whoops, yes I think you are spot on......I have been a bit of a dope!
I can see one of the pins bent up.
Do you know anywhere to get it repaired, or is it a case of having to buy a new controller?
These things are nearly always the fault of the customer, guess I have just learnt an important lesson

...Do you know anywhere to get it repaired, or is it a case of having to buy a new controller?
Either you need to send it in to DJI or to some other repair shop that handle DJI stuff ... or you could try to fix it yourself according to below if you feel you have the skills.

And you know that it's important to turn the usb micro adapter in the correct direction ..? Otherwise you will break the the RC charging port.

View attachment 127825

As you see below ... it's possible to jam in the cable turned around in the DJI squarish connector, & by that damage the it.

View attachment 127826
Hi, do you happen to have a pic of what a good one looks like, I am trying to work out if the pins should be pointing outwards, which is what I think, I might as well try bending back, as i have nothing to lose. Thanks again.

hi guys,
I have started to search for a UK based repair company.
I just wondered if anyone had any recommendations, I am based in Reading Berks.
cheers Alex

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme