DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Controller Screen Locked Up Mid-Flight - still had full control...

Qoncussion

Reactions
I was out flying today at a distance of approximately 1,500ft away, at an altitude of approx 160ft high, when I started getting unresponsive video on my Nexus 6P. I've seen this before, and it is usually followed by the DJI GO 4 app crashing or locking up. Sure enough, it locked up. I hit RTH while I sorted out my phone. Watching the RC screen - the distance, MPH and RPM were all stuck - never changing during the AC's return home. Once the craft was over head, I canceled RTH and brought it down manually. During descent, the height showing on the RC screen never changed. I had full control, but the RC screen appeared to have locked up.

Any thoughts? Anyone seen this before?

To be clear... did you restart GO4 on your phone while the Mavic was in RTH? What did your phone display indicate? I'm rather surprised the RC wasn't updating since the phone app had crashed...

Actually, I left the phone alone and concentrated on waiting to hear the craft heading back, since all of the information I had to work with was, well, none. It flew perfectly, and responded to my flight commands fine. But you do raise a thought... Could the crashed app, while still connected in a locked state to the controller have messed with the controller's info...?

This is not normal and IMHO is not due to the app.
I would send back the controller to DJI before you have an even bigger issue like the RTH button not responding.

Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato