DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Controllers Mini2, MA2, and MA2s

Gary R

Reactions
I've received different opinions on the DJI Remote controls for the Mini2, MA2, and the MA2s.

I'm told that with the updates any RC that was supplied with the 3 mentioned drones can be used to operate any of the 3 drones. I haven't yet bought the MA2s so I don't have a way to test.

As the Mini2 and MA2 has Occusync 2 and the MA2s has the O3 is there any hardware difference in the Remote controllers or is the difference only in the drones transmission system ?

Last edited:
I think this is a question for DJI. I believe you can use a Mini 2/MA2 controller interchangeably after pairing with the different drones. I would question the Air2s controller working with the earlier models. You should call DJI on that one.

I've received different opinions on the DJI Remote controls for the Mini2, MA2, and the MA2s.

I'm told that with the updates any RC that was supplied with the 3 mentioned drones can be used to operate any of the 3 drones. I haven't yet bought the MA2s so I don't have a way to test.

As the Mini2 and MA2 has Occusync 2 and the MA2s has the O3 is there any hardware difference in the Remote controllers or is the difference only in the drones themselves ?
Untill you get the others I’m not sure what you are asking .
Asking DJI is a waste of your time .

My prior experience with DJI response on questions is the same as yours.

I've got a Mini2 and MA2 already. I'm considering a MA2s but looking for further information.
Well you will get it here more straighter than there. If anyone
one will answer. Sorry I can’t.
I can say 3 is better 2.

Reactions: Gary R
From the different posts I've read here and the matching part numbers for the controllers across all 3 drones they should be interchangeable though some people have claimed that if they use their MA2 controller on the Air2s they are limited to 10km just like with the MA2 or Mini2 instead of the 12km they get when using the controller that came with it. How true any of it is I can't say because I don't have $1300us to drop on another drone right now. There have been plenty of posts, articles and YouTube videos of people using their Smart Controller, which uses OC2, to fly their Air2s so that does lend some credence to being able to swap controllers around.

I have read or seen in some video, where the info came from, who knows.. My rumor at the moment is, that the MA2S controller is somewhat different than its previous generations.

There has been discussion that some feel is inaccurate that the MA2S remote has 4 antennas not 2, But that could be the MA2S AC, not the remote.

Not sure whether its software or if there is something else different in the MA2S controller for the extra range and OC3, which I thought the previous remotes did not support. Or whether again, thats merely the antennas on the AC.

I know they released a firmware update that should allow previous remotes to work interchangeably, once you pair it to the drone, so you could have all your AC and use one remote. (Mini 2, MA2, MA2S), unless you had more than one pilot to fly more than on AC at a time.

Remotes are the same incl part #. A2s drone has 4 antennas but remote still has 2. Ocusync 3 is from the drone but remote will receive 2 or 3. Drones with 2 antennas will get a better signal when facing you but with 4 doesn’t matter so range increases. Enjoy

Reactions: DroneToJoy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom