DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Controllers

I'd guess smaller components, including the battery, and less air space. A GL300 battery is 50mm x 116mm x 15mm & 6Ah, I assume the P4 GLxyz battery is similar.
The actual stick controller gubbins inside the GL300s are also quite large, the RC1A/B MUST be a lot smaller

Last edited by a moderator:
@yawyaw33 not really its like all electronics ,components get smaller all the time, and can then be put into ever more compact shapes
the mavic RC were a total rethink on the original Phantoms, and was designed to be compact ,to compliment the folding design of the drone

@yawyaw33 not really its like all electronics ,components get smaller all the time, and can then be put into ever more compact shapes
the mavic RC were a total rethink on the original Phantoms, and was designed to be compact ,to compliment the folding design of the rone
While I've got the attention of a moderator, why do you suppose DJI never (to my knowledge) developed a Hasselblad branded camera for any of its professional models. I have heard from some that the M2P's Camera was marketing hype and if Hasselblad had had input into the model it would have cost much more than the price it was launched at, what do you think?

Reactions: old man mavic
(disclaimer) i will answer your question the best i can ,but this is my take on the subject ,and not the opinion of a camera expert whom i am sure will come in and correct me if i am wrong
the use of the Hasselblad name on the camera, was because some of the technology for the image sensor and the way the picture was colour graded were developed by Hasselblad ,
and because DJI had become a shareholder in the company ,this allowed them to use the Hasselblad name, also its quite possible the optics were made by Hasselblad
what better way to have a name like Hasselblad on your drones camera as a marketing tool ,
and the final thing is before DJI had an interest in Hasselblad, it would not have been possible to use their name on the phantoms

(disclaimer) i will answer your question the best i can ,but this is my take on the subject ,and not the opinion of a camera expert whom i am sure will come in and correct me if i am wrong
the use of the Hasselblad name on the camera, was because some of the technology for the image sensor and the way the picture was colour graded were developed by Hasselblad ,
and because DJI had become a shareholder in the company ,this allowed them to use the Hasselblad name, also its quite possible the optics were made by Hasselblad
what better way to have a name like Hasselblad on your drones camera as a marketing tool ,
and the final thing is before DJI had an interest in Hasselblad, it would not have been possible to use their name on the phantoms

avic, post: 1071674, member: 79487"]
[/QUOTE]
I thought they acquired the company outright or at least a controlling stake, but you're right whatever the truth it was a marketing masterstroke, though when you consider the history of H,blad such as the Apollo missions, I can't help wondering why they didn't capitalise on the brand name more with thier professional models.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N