DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote disconnected during flight and reconnection RC to controller fails.

Rekal007

Reactions
I was flying and got a message (weak signal) suddenly completely lost.
RTH set to 120m, so I thought if it rises, then I have a signal back.
It has neatly returned and landed but I can no longer connect the RC with the controller.
Pairing the controller with RC is also no longer possible, controller is right next to the RC.

The app and Remote are connected, but not with the RC, the procedure to connect another RC to the controller does not work.

RC firmware: version v01.00.0250 (latest)
Remote firmware: (latest)
IPAD 7 with DJI FLY APP 1.1.3

I just tried with Android (FLY APP 1.1.5) can olso not connect anymore :-(

Last edited:
I’d reboot the iPad and delete the app. Reinstall the app and see where you’re at.
i allready did try that.
i olso tried with another android phone (FLY app 1.1.5) , same result. --> controller dos not find the drone anymore and can not re-connect to it.

For some other models I read that the DJI assistant download would allow resetting of the controller.

For some other models I read that the DJI assistant download would allow resetting of the controller.
I just tried using the computer,
he finds the controller, and clicked "referesch" and then I saw that he was reloading the firmware into the controller.
I did the same with the drone.
both 100% successful.
still can't connect, if you ask me there is a wire loose in the drone or controller for the transmission connection board or something like that.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I try to find out if it can be a loose antenna plus.
don't really feel like screwing anything open.

If you had an antenna loose, could it be that you are no longer connected even though they are side by side?
I think you should have a connection even without an antenna connected?
if you are going to make distance + 1m then it makes sense that without an antenna it has no connection.

Attachments

• DJI.png
    DJI.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Have you tried a different cable between the phone & RC? If you’ve got an iPhone 11, you can use the charging cable as it has a USB-C connector

Have you tried a different cable between the phone & RC? If you’ve got an iPhone 11, you can use the charging cable as it has a USB-C connector
the connection from to controller to the Ipad is OK.
I have tried an Android phone (so also another cable)
the 2 devices worked perfectly before.

Very strange, just in the middle of the sky suddenly the connection between the controller and RC was broken and I can't connect it anymore.

I'm going to try now with someone who has the same drone.
then I know if it is the controller or the drone where the problem is.
I'll keep you informed!

update:

I just got home,
I can connect perfectly with his drone with my controller and smartphone.
so now i suspect the problem is my drone.
just to be sure: try to connect to my drone with his controller and smartphone and that doesn't work.

So now I am sure there is a problem with my drone (and not the controller, cable or app).

Last edited:
Also tried downgrading the drone.

I think the transmit / receive part is blown up.
I think there is no other option than to send it back.

Judging by the symptoms you described, it seems likely the coaxial cable got disconnected in flight due to faulty connector plug. With antenna disconnected, the transmitting circuit basically fried itself. Unfortunately, sending the drone back is the only option in such case.

Reactions: dawgpilot
is there anyone who can view the log file?
it's a DAT file, if i open in wordpad its all chinese :)

Attachments

• EXPORT_FILE_2020-06-19_21-13-45.DAT
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
I just created a repair at DJI support, so I'm going to send it back.
Going through the chat, but we couldn't figure it out.
I'll keep you informed/

Same thing just happened to me today. Mid flight I can't see nothing in the phone and dont't have LOS so I hit return to home successfully. When in sight I tried to cancel RTH unsuccessfully. There is no phone rc connection , no ac rc connection. Trying to reconnect with no results. It appear to be the same problem.

I try to find out if it can be a loose antenna plus.
don't really feel like screwing anything open.

If you had an antenna loose, could it be that you are no longer connected even though they are side by side?
I think you should have a connection even without an antenna connected?
if you are going to make distance + 1m then it makes sense that without an antenna it has no connection.
I don't know the laws in Belgium, but here in the US you are allowed to open things to repair them WITHOUT voiding the warranty.
If I knew I could take off a few screws and check this antenna cable and fix it myself, then I would. I would not want to send it in to DJI, but to each their own.

I don't know the laws in Belgium, but here in the US you are allowed to open things to repair them WITHOUT voiding the warranty.
If I knew I could take off a few screws and check this antenna cable and fix it myself, then I would. I would not want to send it in to DJI, but to each their own.
I did screw it open, the antenna is still perfectly in place, so that's not the problem.
I think even without antenna you can connect if they are right next to each other. (but I'm not sure).
unless there is a short circuit in the connector itself.

Attachments

• 20200620_175811.jpg
    20200620_175811.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Same thing just happened to me today. Mid flight I can't see nothing in the phone and dont't have LOS so I hit return to home successfully. When in sight I tried to cancel RTH unsuccessfully. There is no phone rc connection , no ac rc connection. Trying to reconnect with no results. It appear to be the same problem.
so your connection controller/drone was disconnected spontaneously and cannot be recovered now?
the connection between ipad/controller is just fine in my case.

I also couldn't press RTH on the controller.
makes no sense either as there was no connection to the drone.
The drone did activate its Failsafe and therefore landed safely where it took off.
But at no point did it reconnect or get the option to overrule what the drone was doing.

the app has been restarted several times while I saw him come back, but that makes no difference either,
it is not the connection between the app and the drone,
but the connection between the controller and the drone that is gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: phantomi
so your connection controller/drone was disconnected spontaneously and cannot be recovered now?
the connection between ipad/controller is just fine in my case.

I also couldn't press RTH on the controller.
makes no sense either as there was no connection to the drone.
The drone did activate its Failsafe and therefore landed safely where it took off.
But at no point did it reconnect or get the option to overrule what the drone was doing.

the app has been restarted several times while I saw him come back, but that makes no difference either,
it is not the connection between the app and the drone,
but the connection between the controller and the drone that is gone.
I thought I activate the rth but I am sure now it was the failsafe that hit precisely at the moment i press the rth button.

after 2 weeks in repair:
Remark: Warranty unit. the Aircraft Core Board Module was damaged,which caused device linking and interaction related fault Dear customer, this is your DJI Care Refresh quotation. When the quote is accepted and fulfilled, DJI will send a replacement product as per the DJI Care Refresh Agreement. In the event you would not like to use your DJI Care Refresh charge the repair service costs will be €177.69 (Shipping Cost and Shipping VAT Excluded). Please contact [email protected] to request this.

I have responded:
this is not my fault if something breaks internally.
I've never crashed or made a hard landing or anything like that.

with all due respect, but then how can an internal circuit board get damaged in flight?
or even worse, how can it be damaged?
this is on the inside of the drone!
i was flying and suddenly the signal was gone. (he came back home through failsafe)

I'm not going to pay anything at all and this should be under full warranty

DJI responded:
Dear Remy,

Thank you for your message.

I have good news for you, given the circumstances. An error was made in the process of creating this order. Given the Engineers note, this should have been a warranty case however your DJI Care Refresh seems to have been applied.

We apologize for the mistake and subsequent confusion. I have rectified your situation at once and you'll receive an update

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. We will be happy to assist you.

Kind Regards,

got the drone back today.
unfortunately not my drone, but another one.
it looks like new and all stickers are on it, so hopefully it will be fine.
tomorrow I can fly again after 2 weeks ...

shipped on June 22, back home on July 10 (19 days)

after 2 weeks in repair:
Remark: Warranty unit. the Aircraft Core Board Module was damaged,which caused device linking and interaction related fault Dear customer, this is your DJI Care Refresh quotation. When the quote is accepted and fulfilled, DJI will send a replacement product as per the DJI Care Refresh Agreement. In the event you would not like to use your DJI Care Refresh charge the repair service costs will be €177.69 (Shipping Cost and Shipping VAT Excluded). Please contact [email protected] to request this.

I have responded:
this is not my fault if something breaks internally.
I've never crashed or made a hard landing or anything like that.

with all due respect, but then how can an internal circuit board get damaged in flight?
or even worse, how can it be damaged?
this is on the inside of the drone!
i was flying and suddenly the signal was gone. (he came back home through failsafe)

I'm not going to pay anything at all and this should be under full warranty

DJI responded:
Dear Remy,

Thank you for your message.

I have good news for you, given the circumstances. An error was made in the process of creating this order. Given the Engineers note, this should have been a warranty case however your DJI Care Refresh seems to have been applied.

We apologize for the mistake and subsequent confusion. I have rectified your situation at once and you'll receive an update

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. We will be happy to assist you.

Kind Regards,

got the drone back today.
unfortunately not my drone, but another one.
it looks like new and all stickers are on it, so hopefully it will be fine.
tomorrow I can fly again after 2 weeks ...

shipped on June 22, back home on July 10 (19 days)
Good news bro. Mine is still in dji texas facility. Cant wait to see my MM back ?⚽️?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf