DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID coming soon for Mini 2???

Mavic Merrick

Reactions
So guys currently the MM2 does not have RID but it may soon with how things are looking. Yesterday, there was a software update available so I did it and it said that it now has Japanese RID. Hopefully this is coming soon for the US and the rest of the world. I was worried I would have to get a new drone once RID was strictly required but may just require a software update. Post your thoughts…
1655823520582.png

Reactions: nickvanwatt
There is a identification feature on it already but it is not the approved kind.

The specifications for RID in the US haven't been spelled out yet, that is for Japanese RID. It's probably grayed out since you're not in Japan.

Reactions: Mavic Merrick
Post your thoughts…

I would like to see the RID enabled in the Mini 2. I know it's not required, but I think we could have a lot of fun with it.

Since there would be no legal requirements for it to actually send out our FAA registration Number (I have one…), we could send out a message…

The proposed information that the RID would include is the Drone ID (FAA Registration Number), the Drone's Location and Altitude, the Drone's Velocity, its Takeoff Location and Elevation, and a Time Mark. Since everything but the ID is Drone's time and place specific, this information probably cannot be fudged; but the FAA Number which is User Entered could use the characters to send a message, like: "Eat at Joe's" or "Go Army" or even "Go Away!!!"

My Smartphone's Hotspot (tether) SSID The network's ID is "NSA-Surveillance" and I have a lot of fun with that at Starbuck's FREE WiFi sites…

I would like to see the RID enabled in the Mini 2. I know it's not required, but I think we could have a lot of fun with it.

Since there would be no legal requirements for it to actually send out our FAA registration Number (I have one…), we could send out a message…

The proposed information that the RID would include is the Drone ID (FAA Registration Number), the Drone's Location and Altitude, the Drone's Velocity, its Takeoff Location and Elevation, and a Time Mark. Since everything but the ID is Drone's time and place specific, this information probably cannot be fudged; but the FAA Number which is User Entered could use the characters to send a message, like: "Eat at Joe's" or "Go Army" or even "Go Away!!!"

My Smartphone's Hotspot (tether) SSID The network's ID is "NSA-Surveillance" and I have a lot of fun with that at Starbuck's FREE WiFi sites…

Exactly! Or, “Hi Karen hope you aware that it is a felony to shoot down a drone”

Reactions: nickvanwatt
So guys currently the MM2 does not have RID but it may soon with how things are looking. Yesterday, there was a software update available so I did it and it said that it now has Japanese RID. Hopefully this is coming soon for the US and the rest of the world. I was worried I would have to get a new drone once RID was strictly required but may just require a software update. Post your thoughts…
View attachment 150453
Okay, one stupid question: Mavic Merrick was discussing an MM2. I would take it that meant a Mavic Mini2. Everything here seems to identify as MAVIC, which I take it is a line of drones from DJI. Being a DJI Mini2 pilot, I sometimes feel I'm in the wrong place.

I know it is confusing but MM2 is the general tag for Mini 2. The reason for this is because M2 usually refers to Mavic 2 (pro or zoom)

MAVIC, which I take it is a line of drones from DJI

If this was Christmas, I would say, "Yes Virginia, there is a Santa..." But it's not and you're Kenneth, so I just say, Yes Kenneth, the Mavic Series is a line of Drones by DJI... Just to lightly touch on the Mavic Series…. There is the Mini 3 Pro, Mini 2, Mavic Mini SE, Air 2S, Mavic Air 2, Mavic Air, Mavic 3, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic Pro Platinum, and I may even have left a few models out (no ill intentions intended…). And then there is the Phantom Series and there are numerous versions, each with its own upgraded capabilities…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots