DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

REMOTE ID FOR DRONES NOT BE ENFORCED ON DRONE MAKERS UNTIL DECEMBER 16, 2022

The Mini 3 Pro broadcasts RID? I thought I remembered reading that it didn’t, but maybe I got bad info. That would be good news for keeping it future-legal.

Reactions: Hands Down
I would think there will be a large number of 3rd party RID add ons available once the FAA finalizes everything. There are a lot of non complying drones out there that people are not going to want to discard . This is not that complicated once the FAA has finalized what is required.

I notice that my Mavic 2 Enterprise DUO was tracking all types of aircraft activity which I had not seen before on the pro controller.

The Mini 3 Pro broadcasts RID? I thought I remembered reading that it didn’t, but maybe I got bad info. That would be good news for keeping it future-legal.
As I read the law if a drone need not be registered then it is exempt from RID requirement. That would seem to apply to all of the Minis. Have I read this wrong? If so why did DJI make the Mini 3 RID compatible?

Which Drone Pilots Must Comply With the Rule?​

All drone pilots required to register their UAS must operate their aircraft in accordance with the final rule on remote ID beginning September 16, 2023, which gives drone owners sufficient time to upgrade their aircraft.

As I read the law if a drone need not be registered then it is exempt from RID requirement. That would seem to apply to all of the Minis. Have I read this wrong? If so why did DJI make the Mini 3 RID compatible?

Which Drone Pilots Must Comply With the Rule?​

All drone pilots required to register their UAS must operate their aircraft in accordance with the final rule on remote ID beginning September 16, 2023, which gives drone owners sufficient time to upgrade their aircraft.
In case you want to use it commercially, then it has to be registered and is therefore subject to RID.

Reactions: JoelP
It is very confusing like must government documents..constant changes. We need to wait and see. I would think DJI is going to leave this to thrid parties on our older DJI models. If they cannot turn it into revenue stream it wont happen.

Augstine do you see other aircraft on your M2Z screen with latest updates. My M2E DUO has all flight activity around me.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
The Mini 3 is in an interesting place, since I don’t think RID would be required unless flying commercially or with the plus batteries installed. I wonder if there will be a menu option to turn it on or off depending on your circumstance.

The Mini 3 is in an interesting place, since I don’t think RID would be required unless flying commercially or with the plus batteries installed. I wonder if there will be a menu option to turn it on or off depending on your circumstance.
Somehow I do not think so. I think it will come down to the pilot proving he is only flying the Mini 3 if LEO comes calling.

Any idea if DJI will give support for RID for Mavic 2 Pro and Mini 2? I haven't updated my firmware in quite a while - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I was wondering that too, but I’ve got an MA2. Will DJI be able to upgrade it somehow so I won’t have to Velcro some kind of “pod” to the outside ? Guess we gotta wait and see.

I doubt that will happen unless they can charge for it (and it is a easy update by end user). My M2E DUO has all types of screen tracking of surrounding aircraft that do not show up on my M2P. This most have been a precursor to future RID
requirements.

Our modeler brethren where some of our drafted rules for quads came from dreaded having to register each model they ever had in their inventory. So with this rid do they have to have one for each craft or just reuse the same one for each craft they fly?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS