DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Identification Tab missing

CBR549

Reactions
Hi, recently I sent in my Mini 2 in for a checkup, assessment and repair if needed. Repair was not possible so they supposedly sent me a new aircraft; I was ok with that but…. After receiving the aircraft and setting it up, updating and such, I noticed that the “Remote Identification” tab under the “Safety” tab in the settings was missing. Soooo I contacted support (Twice) who informed me the “Remote Identification” tab setting doesn’t exist and never has!

Have I slipped into an alternate reality somehow? I distinctly remember this setting on the other Mini 2 I sent in and the Mavic Air 2. Anybody know what’s going on?

Hi, recently I sent in my Mini 2 in for a checkup, assessment and repair if needed. Repair was not possible so they supposedly sent me a new aircraft; I was ok with that but…. After receiving the aircraft and setting it up, updating and such, I noticed that the “Remote Identification” tab under the “Safety” tab in the settings was missing. Soooo I contacted support (Twice) who informed me the “Remote Identification” tab setting doesn’t exist and never has!

Have I slipped into an alternate reality somehow? I distinctly remember this setting on the other Mini 2 I sent in and the Mavic Air 2. Anybody know what’s going on?
The recent update to the Fly app to support the Mavic 3 appears to have removed that tab! I assume that means we no longer have control over it being broadcast, and it is now always on, just like the old GEO tab that was removed when GEO became compulsory! Beware!

The recent update to the Fly app to support the Mavic 3 appears to have removed that tab! I assume that means we no longer have control over it being broadcast, and it is now always on, just like the old GEO tab that was removed when GEO became compulsory! Beware!
So , your saying aeroscope is always on? If it's just aeroscope, I guess it's not that privacy intrusive, as long as you don't enter sensitive info. I thought the data transmitted by aeroscope depends on what the user/ pilot enters. Or does aeroscope transmit things that I am not aware of?

So , your saying aeroscope is always on? If it's just aeroscope, I guess it's not that privacy intrusive, as long as you don't enter sensitive info. I thought the data transmitted by aeroscope depends on what the user/ pilot enters. Or does aeroscope transmit things that I am not aware of?
It appears to have been in error, as the most recent update on the RC Pro restores some of that functionality. The ability to turn off broadcasting aeroscope user input now exists. I believe it was previously labeled Remote ID, so this replaces it. Aeroscope still always knows where you are piloting from, and your aircraft type and serial number, if flying any DJI aircraft, but you can now selectively control what else they receive, in the way of sharing a legitimate business purpose or not. Aeroscope is useless against all other brands of drones, other than DJI.

I have been in touch with DJI support several times about the missing "Remote Identification" tab and they assure me that it is still featured in DJI Fly APP however, with the Mavic Air 2and a Mini 2 that I have now it does not show up!
Both aircraft fly and maneuver fine just no "Remote Identification" tab within DJI Fly app.

DJI is up to inept and deceptive practices again. First I was told by DJI support that the "Remote Identification" tab option never existed. Then I was told that it must be something with the drones I have and to send them in for an inspection , really to charge for more services to get a refurbished drone. After some research, evidently the last few updates have removed the "Remote Identification" tab option! Roll back app a little and it reappears again, roll back a little further and then it's named Aeroscope. All they had to do is explain this instead of many calls, emails and postings!

DJI is up to inept and deceptive practices again. First I was told by DJI support that the "Remote Identification" tab option never existed. Then I was told that it must be something with the drones I have and to send them in for an inspection , really to charge for more services to get a refurbished drone. After some research, evidently the last few updates have removed the "Remote Identification" tab option! Roll back app a little and it reappears again, roll back a little further and then it's named Aeroscope. All they had to do is explain this instead of many calls, emails and postings!
DJI support is notoriously inept, and the more incompetent they are, the more likely they are to have you send the drone in, as though that is the panacea! It's the equivalent of reformat your hard drive! Most of these issues are due to poor training and complete lack of any familiarity with the app and any of the drones! The only deception, however, is their pretending they know what they are talking about, or completely making stuff up, just because it sounds good! Best to get your support somewhere else, like here!

Reactions: diesel97
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000