DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote is not Displaying correct video feed

Kk1991kK

Reactions
Hi,

I have been having this issue with the display for some time, occasionally it corrects and then goes back to displaying the image in the display feed. The copy that's provided to my SD card is to the quality you'd expect.

It's just proving a little difficult to capture good quality footage with the quality like this.

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Koorosh

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-11-02 at 9.50.58 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-11-02 at 9.50.58 PM.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 53
Not really sure what the problem is you are talking about.
Cant tell much from that pic, but on my phone so maybe just can't see

You're not going to get high quality video feed. The best you'll get is 1080p. If you're recording in resolutions higher than that, then of course the SD will have a better quality video.
Feed is probably compressed quite a bit, depending on signal strength.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments. Dan it's not quite the reason my quality feed is poor, I mean it's got this cartoony mesh over figures, does a bad job is rendering color. I've attached another image, with myself included. Hopefully you'll notice what I mean. For the life of me I don't know what to call this so it's hard to find advice.

It's quality is similar but not identical to the movie "A Scanner Darkly."

I hope this helps :)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-11-03 at 6.54.50 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-11-03 at 6.54.50 AM.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 37
Guess - the same happened to mine (MP1). I asked here a couple of week but no serious reaction. Perhaps we are only two with such problem :rolleyes:. First of all I suspected cell phone ... I tested Xiaomi, Samsung, Iphone - problem remains. Then I went through all possible settings in DJI GO4 - nothing helped. Then I found chance in downgrading firmware - I went through everything what DJI Assistant bids .... no improvement. So then I picked up my bird and take it into service center. They said they never saw such problem, but they will try ........ so I'm waiting.
I suppose this is some hardware problem in some module modifying and transfering video feed to remote controller - it happens only for video feed (still pictures are OK), problem remains in Wifi transmission too. Data from SD are in standard quality - so they are usable for post-processing, but orientation and setting video parameters during the fly are unusable.
At the end of week I should know what they were able to repair in service ....... ?

I have seen this once on my MP a few years ago mine had the pastel cartoon look sometimes and then a green glow the next.. I was using my beloved Asus Zen pad S3 it turned out for me at least to be the usb-c port on my pad! I tried all kinds of cables it was really a nasty problem for me because the port worked fine with everything else just the video feed..I turned coat when the Iphone XR came out and this is what i use now and have never ever seen it happen again. Hope it's just a firmware refresh or a cable issue for you two.

I have changed the cable and phone and the problem still persists. I should note that sometimes I turn on my drone and there's no issue, it does seem to prefer the poor quality over the better. I have also tried using the USB 2.0 port with no luck. Must be a firmware issue, perhaps it's got to do with the remote. Because before this happened I did seem to lose video feed and had to close the app and reopen to re-establish the video feed.

Thanks guys I do appreciate the posts.

... I've checked different types of USB cables, different types of mobiles .... As Kk1991kK writes - sometime it looks fixed, but usually after very short time (dozens of seconds) it fall back to this "strange mode". In my opinion it is finally hardware problem, on Wednesday I'll call to the service.

Finally - bad message ... recommendation from authorized servicing centre in Germany is to replace mainboard. It could cost aprox. 400€. For such price I can obtain new simple Mavic Mini .... I decided to fly with this "modified" live stream. Why this happened to me .... :oops:

i30
If it's any consolation it happened to me as well!! So it's the drone's hardware that's creating the issue. Well fortunately the SD files captured are still great quality. It's just a shame that flying it can be a pain sometimes. Thanks for your research :)

Cheers and Regards,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00