DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote lost connection, yet the sticks still controlled it

Sledman

Reactions
So last night I was at about 300’ up, not quite straight up, the battery was low, down to about a minute of flight before it would come back on it’s own……and my display (iPad Pro 3rd gen) suddenly showed that I was no longer connected to the aircraft, yet I flew back with the sticks of the remote……please advise…….

Air 2S, about a week old, downloaded new software over the weekend prior to this.

basically you lost the the video link between the remote and the drone,it was most likely caused by the fact that you were high up and quite close to the home point ,its the same as what happens if the app crashes or the screen device shuts down ,the RC and drone still have a connection

Reactions: umanbean
Yep, don’t need your device to fly. Good lesson..learned. I hope. Another reason to always keep in sight so you will make it home when it happens again..it will. It will NOT auto RTH when this happens, so pressing RTH will be necessary if out of sight.

Well, the issue was the longer Hanatora USB-C TO USB-C cable I bought so I could use my iPad as opposed to my phone. It kept getting worse where it would lose the video feed. A new cord solved the problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada