DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote volume Mavic 2 Pro (fix found)

BfloTodd

Reactions
Just got my Mavic 2 Pro last week. Like many, I thought the remote volume was annoying as all heck. I use a Samsung galaxy s8. Simply turning the media volume on the phone down while connected will turn the volume down on beeps and voice on remote. I'm not sure this works on all phones or not. Found this by mistake and was pleasantly surprised. I was about to drill through the remote but really didn't want to have to do that. Now I don't. Give it a try.

Last edited:
The voice comes from your mobile device, so the loudness certainly depends on the current volume level on your mobile device. However, changing the mobile device volume will have no affect on the loudness of the beeps coming from the remote controller.

The voice comes from your mobile device, so the loudness certainly depends on the current volume level on your mobile device. However, changing the mobile device volume will have no affect on the loudness of the beeps coming from the remote controller.
In my case with the Samsung Galaxy s8 that I'm using. The media volume on my phone DOES in fact control the beeping volume along with the voice volume.

I have an S8+ will try this next time out, I hope your right, will be a useful feature.
In my case with the Samsung Galaxy s8 that I'm using. The media volume on my phone DOES in fact control the beeping volume along with the voice volume.

All sounds come from the app, not the remote. Therefore, you will control the volume from the device, i.e. iPhone, tablet, Crystalsky, etc.

All sounds come from the app, not the remote
The remote controller does emit beeping sounds for various events (like powering on the remote controller).

So I obviously stumbled upon old complaints about no volume control then? I know this being my first drone, I was researching online for a solution to the audio and all I ever found was mods including drilling through the controller and downloading patches.

So I obviously stumbled upon old complaints about no volume control then? I know this being my first drone, I was researching online for a solution to the audio and all I ever found was mods including drilling through the controller and downloading patches.
That's about it still.
With the SC for instance, you are pretty locked without "hardware mods" for now but at some stage with the traditional controller and probably and older firmware you could mute the RTH beeping when hitting the on/off-button once:

As said, never had this setup, but isn't unfortunately working on SC with the Mavic 2 Pro and latest firmware.

Reactions: CanyonRunVideos
Yes, you are mistaken. The volume on your device has nothing to do with the beeping on the remote.
You can silence the RTH beeping by pressing the power button. But the volume is not controlled by your device.
Prove me wrong.
I'm taking that is a you don't believe me?

Yep, all of those sounds in your video are coming from your mobile device.

I thought people were having problems with all beeps
They are -- but, everyone is talking about the beeps coming from the remote controller.

Am I the only one that doesn't want to silence the sounds?

Some of the sounds don't have visual equivalents on your device.

I've even flown with headphones plugged into the device, when in a area so noisy that I was afraid I would miss an audible warning from the app. (Next to a loud river, near heavy car traffic, etc.)

Chris

Reactions: un1tb4ck
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anchorhavasu