DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remove the SD card for downloading?

mblaide

Reactions
Just wondering how you guys typically download your videos and photos from your drone to your PC. Connect the drone and PC with the USB cable or pop out the SD card? I find it difficult to get the card in and out and I'm afraid of breaking the card or the spring mechanism inside the drone, so I usually plug in the cable after a flight and copy over the files. Just trying to think of the pros/cons of each method.

I found the memory card difficult to remove too, so I've been connecting my Mavic Air to my computer via the USB Type-C cable.

Reactions: Firejay27
I always take the card out and use a card reader or slot in laptop.
Only problem is sometimes you get it wrong and the MP spring fires the card out and you have to find it.
I have several cards in use, I don't always copy the card immediately to a hard drive, and they soon fill up on 4k, so keep several in use.

I always take the card out and use a card reader or slot in laptop.
Me too when I'm using my MP. We're talking about the MA though ;)

yea, the MA's card slot and the cover is so tiny that it will not spring out but hard to grab (and I have skinnier fingers). I may need to try using the usb-c cable to plug into the computer.

(and I have skinnier fingers).
I'm glad that I'm not the only one finding it cumbersome to grab the SD card out of the Air. Not problem at all on my MP.

I just worry that constant removing/inserting SD card will eventually wear out the mechanism. Yes, I do find it difficult to spring pop the card out as well as reinserting it. Hoping someone comes up with a pop out tool of some sort.

I just worry that constant removing/inserting SD card will eventually wear out the mechanism. Yes, I do find it difficult to spring pop the card out as well as reinserting it. Hoping someone comes up with a pop out tool of some sort.
use a pair of tweezers i do (wife can,t pluck her brows though)

I use the tweezers in my Swiss Army Knife.....I’ve always got it with me.

Am I the only one who has no trouble with removing the card? Hold the MA in your right hand from the top, grab the outer edges of the memory card with the thumb and index finger of your left hand and pull.

Reactions: NAVMAV
For me (and likely a lot of other people), the main issue is it's tough to depress the memory card so it can be released and removed.

I use a propeller to depress the card so it will pop out. That being said though I usually just plug the mavic into the computer to take the photos off

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22