DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Removing Remote Control Rubber “Teeth” - Anyone...?

MMMark

Reactions
Hi all, wondering if anyone has been successful in removing the rubber “teeth” from the remote control of the Mini?

I found some posts regarding the other Mavic remotes - yet nothing in regard to the mini.

I’d like to remove the rubber (without completely destroying it) to have a bit more space for my cased iPhone.

Thanks,

Mark

Just looked good and other than cutting it out I don’t see away.

I saw a video on this once about a custom controller mod to fit thicker devices, however it has been since taken down.
I will see if I can find it as a residual post. It was very interesting to watch. Explained your situation.
I will post it once I find it, just bare with me. lol ;)

Reactions: MMMark and dirkclod
Thanks! I have an adapter for an iPad/tablet. Was hoping to find a solution that keeps the small form factor going ?

Thanks,
Mark

Hi all, wondering if anyone has been successful in removing the rubber “teeth” from the remote control of the Mini?

I found some posts regarding the other Mavic remotes - yet nothing in regard to the mini.

I’d like to remove the rubber (without completely destroying it) to have a bit more space for my cased iPhone.

Thanks,

Mark

With all respect, what are you talking about???

From left to right (CW) you can see MM sticks, M1 sticks, M2P sticks (SC), P2 rubber doodad stick covers, and finally M2P sticks, from a basic FC
65944b8a913fe5790ac29d20e00d742a.jpg

Hi, I’m referring to the rubber teeth like grips that hold your cell phone/tablet to the remote control. I was wanting to remove them to create more space, so I could use my cell phone in it’s case.

Thanks,

Reactions: Drone Master
Hi, I’m referring to the rubber teeth like grips that hold your cell phone/tablet to the remote control. I was wanting to remove them to create more space, so I could use my cell phone in it’s case.

Thanks,
Ok, found the vid. Here ya go.

Reactions: MMMark
Ok, found the vid. Here ya go.

Thanks so much for the vid. I wish I could just remove them without destroying them. I did find some adapters on eBay like Iannes mentioned.

Thanks all!

Reactions: Drone Master
Thanks so much for the vid. I wish I could just remove them without destroying them. I did find some adapters on eBay like Iannes mentioned.

Thanks all!

This is how you do it

Thanks. Unfortunately, this is for the Mavic 2 (I think). MM doesn’t have the screws at the bottom.

The rubber does appear to be on tracks. I tried pushing them out, yet seems that will damage them. I removed the screws from the arm and even with the arm free doesn’t seem like the rubber can be removed without wrecking it.

Thank you ?
Mark

Thanks. Unfortunately, this is for the Mavic 2 (I think). MM doesn’t have the screws at the bottom.

The rubber does appear to be on tracks. I tried pushing them out, yet seems that will damage them. I removed the screws from the arm and even with the arm free doesn’t seem like the rubber can be removed without wrecking it.

Thank you ?
Mark

On closer inspection , they do appear to be moulded in, I guess you could slice of the nodules with a modelling knife

Ya - I nearly pulled one all the way out last night. I thought about hacking them off. I did order a cheaper set of the extension brackets. I can currently jamb my phone in there, just isn't as clean as it should be.

Maybe we need to create a phone case that has cutouts in that area...

Mark

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000