DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Removing Stock Filter on M2 Zoom- to Install PolarPro or PGYTech Filters/PLs

Seachief

Reactions
Windsor County Vermont near New Hampshire line
I bought the 6-Pack Cinema Series filters from Polar Pro for $149US. They look and feel great, but I can not remove my factory filter that came installed on my M2 Zoom. I've dealt with filters and stiuck filters before as a photographer on lenses and have used filter 'wrenches' before that apply even pressure around the filter to turn it. But how do I get the stock filter off my M2Z? In reading PolarPor's documentation they allude to a filter wrench...little plastic tool...I didn't get one in my package of filters from Drone Nerds? Anybody out there resolved this??

Hold the camera body with thumb and forefinger just aft of the lens cover/filter. with the other thumb and forefinger push the filter frame towards the camera and turn counter clockwise. Should come right off in less than 1/8 turn.

Look at the locating pins on each corner of the filter. One is wider than the others. Note the slots on the camera body for the wider slot. Assemble in reverse order. (I used a marker pen to put an index dot on body and filter, so I don't have to check the slots.)

I bought the 6-Pack Cinema Series filters from Polar Pro for $149US. They look and feel great, but I can not remove my factory filter that came installed on my M2 Zoom. I've dealt with filters and stiuck filters before as a photographer on lenses and have used filter 'wrenches' before that apply even pressure around the filter to turn it. But how do I get the stock filter off my M2Z? In reading PolarPor's documentation they allude to a filter wrench...little plastic tool...I didn't get one in my package of filters from Drone Nerds? Anybody out there resolved this??

it took me a while to figure out how, hesitant for a few days and then you succeeded.
Once removed it becomes easy to put it back and remove, the problem is always the first time (it has two points "glued" with a little bit of silicone)

watch this video, it works as described

Reactions: Seachief
Thanks, the video was very helpful. Adding a latex glove gave me the purchase needed to press in and unscrew the stock filter. Now have the PolarPro ND8/PL installed and will fly with that today.

it took me a while to figure out how, hesitant for a few days and then you succeeded.
Once removed it becomes easy to put it back and remove, the problem is always the first time (it has two points "glued" with a little bit of silicone)

watch this video, it works as described

Reactions: maurotandoi
I used a the rubber piece I had in the kitchen for removing jar covers. Just grab it and unscrew it counterclockwise. They're on there pretty good from the factory, but mine on my M2Z came loose.

Reactions: Seachief
I bought a three pack of PolarPro filters and the case came with the wrench.
Try wearing surgical gloves, hold on to the camera with one hand and twist the stock lens cover counter clock wise.
Good luck.
PS. When you do get it off, there is no reason to snug them down when you put them back on.

Checkout this thread:

Glad you got the filter off. I bought a Tank wrench at a Vape shop and was able to remove my stock filter. it was on so tight.

Hey Everyone,

I'm going to use a ships M2 Zoom that I don't know the history of. I've followed every suggestion here and for the life of me can't remove the original lens cover. Any tips to remove the stubborn thing? Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60