DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Removing the Mavic pro battery card and installing an external lipo battery

Knock it out. Good luck getting around battery issue warnings, but I believe it’s been done.

FADC83FF-77D7-4B5A-AB2B-F2931C493CEC.jpeg2249BA4C-C44A-4A26-8344-DD4BF76137F8.jpeg
Two 2000mah Parrot Ar drone 2.0 aftermarket batteries. 117 grams each. Yesterday’s flight 32k feet round trip, 30% battery upon return. This mod was a success.

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
Hey man nice run dude!
Took your advice, followed the threads, found these light batteries that I already had the charger for... gave it a run. In GPS mode, the added weight seems to make it handle super smooth. In sport mode, left and right or yaw, just need to be gentle with turns. Other than that the extra weight seems to benefit the bird. And 30% battery after a 32K trip?!!? I only see that happen in YouTube videos of guys with magic un modded Mavics.

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
Took your advice, followed the threads, found these light batteries that I already had the charger for... gave it a run. In GPS mode, the added weight seems to make it handle super smooth. In sport mode, left and right or yaw, just need to be gentle with turns. Other than that the extra weight seems to benefit the bird. And 30% battery after a 32K trip?!!? I only see that happen in YouTube videos of guys with magic un modded Mavics.
Glad it all worked out for you. It doesn't take a big battery to see a difference but you can play with different sizes of batteries and find out the sweet spot between weight vs performance. I'm going to run a single 5200 on top on my Mavic for a while a see how that setup does with the Ailentech.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143