DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Renewing DJI Care Refresh

isujosh

Reactions
I received an email invitation to renew my DJI Care Refresh for a further year. I had been in touch with DJI in May and was told that I couldn't renew care refresh in the UK/Europe - so I I just assumed it wasn't possible.

However, I received an email invitation offering a further year of care refresh, all I had to to do was complete a video verification (a screen recording) showing my a/c serial number, firmware status, errors and a gimbal calibration which I uploaded to YouTube as an unlisted video.

Have other people in the UK also received this email invitation?

Yes it's genuine. I was surprised as well. I've done the verification and managed to buy the refresh plus. Interestingly, the customer support who verified my video seemed surprised as well. He wrote - We're delighted to inform you that your verification video has been approved. However, upon checking the serial number, it is already linked to your aircraft and the plan already expired last December 1, 2019. But nothing to worry as you can still purchase the DJI Care Refresh Plus.

I don't know how I should understand that but anyway I managed to get covered for another year and I'm quite happy with that.

I don't know how I should understand that but anyway I managed to get covered for another year and I'm quite happy with that.

Yes, I was accepted for another full year even though my last care refresh package expired in May. Actually it’s worked very well because I couldn’t fly anyway during the lockdown.

My first flight since April will be next weekend, and I’m covered - so I’m very happy

Is dji care worth the hassle of doing a video

To me, totally. Crashed a Mavic 2 Pro and billed almost 400 pounds if repair, but with Care Refresh, in total costed me 200 pounds (100 to buy Care Refresh and 100-ish replacement fee). Perhaps a different story if you have a good and cheap drone insurance though.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
i just used coverdrone form the off nearly ,£76 inc full replacement for damaged or lost drone ,and you dont have any daft (must get the drone back) like the dji refresh,also includes 1 million public liability . ? ?

To me, totally. Crashed a Mavic 2 Pro and billed almost 400 pounds if repair, but with Care Refresh, in total costed me 200 pounds (100 to buy Care Refresh and 100-ish replacement fee). Perhaps a different story if you have a good and cheap drone insurance though.
Defo not worth it in my eyes the dji refresh

i just used coverdrone form the off nearly ,£76 inc full replacement for damaged or lost drone ,and you dont have any daft (must get the drone back) like the dji refresh,also includes 1 million public liability . ? ?

New Mini 2 owner here and been looking at the options between DJI Refresh and insurance, Coverdrone have a £100 excess don't they? Which is double the Refresh fee*, obviously it also includes the liability insurance and would cover you for loss, but in terms of damage/replacement, it's a lot more expensive.

Looking at the small print, it also doesn't cover scratching of the camera lens, and also doesn't cover you if flying "in breach of any Air Navigation and Airworthiness Orders and Country Regulations.", which I guess if you weren't flying with the explicit permission of the landowner, they could use to wiggle out of a claim?

* for the Mini 2 at least - I guess the refresh fee for the bigger drones is more?

New Mini 2 owner here and been looking at the options between DJI Refresh and insurance, Coverdrone have a £100 excess don't they? Which is double the Refresh fee*, obviously it also includes the liability insurance and would cover you for loss, but in terms of damage/replacement, it's a lot more expensive.

Looking at the small print, it also doesn't cover scratching of the camera lens, and also doesn't cover you if flying "in breach of any Air Navigation and Airworthiness Orders and Country Regulations.", which I guess if you weren't flying with the explicit permission of the landowner, they could use to wiggle out of a claim?

* for the Mini 2 at least - I guess the refresh fee for the bigger drones is more?
ditch ya mini 2 in a lake and see what DJI say !!!!
i will pay the coverdrone everyday of the week also inc £1000000 of public liability.
ive flown mine out at sea and over lakes so if i lose it ive double checked with coverdrone i am insured.
its also piece of mind in case the drone should cause damage to someones property of god forbid a person.

ditch ya mini 2 in a lake and see what DJI say !!!!
i will pay the coverdrone everyday of the week also inc £1000000 of public liability.
ive flown mine out at sea and over lakes so if i lose it ive double checked with coverdrone i am insured.
its also piece of mind in case the drone should cause damage to someones property of god forbid a person.

Oh yeah, I totally get that it will cover you in the scenario the drone is totally lost (but I'm a good swimmer :p), but how often are you likely to drop it into the water vs smashing it into a tree? (I guess depends where you fly)

Coverdrone's liability only insurance is £16.80, that plus the £45 for refresh is about the same as I'm being quoted for Coverdrone's fully comp policy. As I posted, there's also the risk of them trying to get out of a claim if you're flying on private land and can't prove you have permission. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I really don't trust insurance companies :p

If I was able to drop the excess, e.g. to £50, but up the premium a little, then I'd definitely consider it, but it just doesn't seem quite worth it with that level of excess (i.e. 25% the cost of the drone).

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I totally get that it will cover you in the scenario the drone is totally lost (but I'm a good swimmer :p), but how often are you likely to drop it into the water vs smashing it into a tree? (I guess depends where you fly)

Coverdrone's liability only insurance is £16.80, that plus the £45 for refresh is about the same as I'm being quoted for Coverdrone's fully comp policy. As I posted, there's also the risk of them trying to get out of a claim if you're flying on private land and can't prove you have permission. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I really don't trust insurance companies :p

If I was able to drop the excess, e.g. to £50, but up the premium a little, then I'd definitely consider it, but it just doesn't seem quite worth it with that level of excess (i.e. 25% the cost of the drone).
yes i get your drift ,to me if i lose my air 2 its £800 so £100 excess is good with me ,i live on the coast so get to fly in the estuary a lot.i read all the small print and called them to ask questions i was quite happy with what they told me ,another issue with the dji refresh is sometimes you get a repaired drone not a new replacement .....heard of this quite a bit.i asked the question about fly always ect and they said no problem the price of the drone would be met even if i could not locate it.

yes i get your drift ,to me if i lose my air 2 its £800 so £100 excess is good with me ,i live on the coast so get to fly in the estuary a lot.i read all the small print and called them to ask questions i was quite happy with what they told me ,another issue with the dji refresh is sometimes you get a repaired drone not a new replacement .....heard of this quite a bit.i asked the question about fly always ect and they said no problem the price of the drone would be met even if i could not locate it.
Does the Coverdrone policy include coverage for the theft of a drone?

Like you, I fly a lot over an estuary on the east coast - so it increases my chances of losing my M2P altogether if it lands in the drink.

Does the Coverdrone policy include coverage for the theft of a drone?

Like you, I fly a lot over an estuary on the east coast - so it increases my chances of losing my M2P altogether if it lands in the drink.
yes it does ,i found like a lot of others on here it covers the full spectrum of scenarios give them a call very helpful just ask them anything you want.there are a few threads on here on this as well.

Out of interest, for the coverdrone policy, how does it work? Would they pay out the cost to buy a replacement at retail(less the excess), e.g. for the mini would be £419 in which case you end up with a 2nd controller etc. Or are there ways to buy just the drone & battery?

Out of interest, for the coverdrone policy, how does it work? Would they pay out the cost to buy a replacement at retail(less the excess), e.g. for the mini would be £419 in which case you end up with a 2nd controller etc. Or are there ways to buy just the drone & battery?
Give them a ring ask them . ;)

When I made a claim with a different insurer who no longer is in the business, they looked for the cheapest deal of the basic drone package and paid me that. So yes, you should get a second controller.

do they need you to do it as soo as you buy the drone or can you do it after

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku