DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repair or Replace

Joestefano

Reactions
I crashed my 1 month old zoom. Other than some cosmetic damage the upward sensor cover was missing. I sent it back to dji service US. The repair estimate is $74.00 or replace with care refresh for $119.00. This is used for home inspections. What would you do? Can I trust that the repaired m2z is reliable? Need advice

I crashed my 1 month old zoom. Other than some cosmetic damage the upward sensor cover was missing. I sent it back to dji service US. The repair estimate is $74.00 or replace with care refresh for $119.00. This is used for home inspections. What would you do? Can I trust that the repaired m2z is reliable? Need advice
IMHO I would spend the money for the repair and keep the refresh for when, if ever, I totally wrecked the bird.

Just have it repaired for $74, your replacement would most likely be a refurb unit anyway.

I had some trees jump in front of my MZ so I contacted DJI and sent it to the DJI service center in CA, I have DJI Refresh. They looked at it and told me this:

Front Arm Module (Left) $28
Front Arm Module (Right) $28
Repair Service Fee $65

Front arm.PNGL front Arm.PNG

DJI sent me the pictures. This matches what I knew was wrong with it when I sent it in. They said I could pay $121 to fix it or $1119 for a new drone. I decided to save my DJI Refresh for when I totally destroy my MZ. I told them to repair it. 5 days later I got my drone back. Well I thought I did. They sent me a brand new drone! I checked my DJI Refresh contract and I still have 2 exchanges plus the new MZ serial # was added to my Refresh Acct. The whole thing took 2 weeks. Overall I was really pleased. My only issue is the fact that DJI sent me a new drone instead of just fixing the minor issues on the one I sent them. I'm just wondering why they did that. I'm going to do a check flight tomorrow to make sure everything is ok.

Anyone have an idea of why DJI did what they did? I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth :):) Just curious.

Reactions: ff22
Nasty trees.
I cannot tell you why they replaced it but what surprises me is the time frame. Back in the P2 and P2V days you were lucky if you got your drone back from them in two months. Times sure have changed.

It's probably just easier and faster for them to swap for a refurb than actually repair.
I too damaged my M2Z after owning for one month, accidentally backed over it with my car. Repair was around $150 more than refresh but I wanted to pay for the repair. The quote was not clear that the total was refresh cost and not repair cost, nor was it said how to tell them you wanted repair.
RC was also damaged in the backover and sent in with the AC, one broken antenna. Charged $2, no labor, was sent new/refurb unit.

As others have stated, it's almost certainly not new. Much more likely that it's a refurbished one that someone else sent in and they repaired. It's the main reason I didn't have dji fix a broken foot; I wanted my own drone back. So I just ordered the entire arm and fixed it myself.

I bent a leg like that, a bit worse actually, heated it up with hair dryer and straightened it out, popped of the lenses and re tightened the screw behind it and the 3 screws holding the leg in place, cant tell it was ever bent now.

I had some trees jump in front of my MZ so I contacted DJI and sent it to the DJI service center in CA, I have DJI Refresh. They looked at it and told me this:

Front Arm Module (Left) $28
Front Arm Module (Right) $28
Repair Service Fee $65

View attachment 81964View attachment 81965

DJI sent me the pictures. This matches what I knew was wrong with it when I sent it in. They said I could pay $121 to fix it or $1119 for a new drone. I decided to save my DJI Refresh for when I totally destroy my MZ. I told them to repair it. 5 days later I got my drone back. Well I thought I did. They sent me a brand new drone! I checked my DJI Refresh contract and I still have 2 exchanges plus the new MZ serial # was added to my Refresh Acct. The whole thing took 2 weeks. Overall I was really pleased. My only issue is the fact that DJI sent me a new drone instead of just fixing the minor issues on the one I sent them. I'm just wondering why they did that. I'm going to do a check flight tomorrow to make sure everything is ok.

Anyone have an idea of why DJI did what they did? I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth :):) Just curious.
Sending a refurb is common practice for DJI. In fact if you check your DJIRefresh you’ll find the serial number of the one they sent you has replaced the an of the one you sent in.

Sending a refurb is common practice for DJI. In fact if you check your DJIRefresh you’ll find the serial number of the one they sent you has replaced the an of the one you sent in.
There is not a scratch on the one DJI sent (I even looked inside the body) and it also had all the new stickers my other one had. Regardless it works fine. As soon as I realized it was a different unit, I checked my Refresh to see if DJI had changed the SN which they had.

There is not a scratch on the one DJI sent (I even looked inside the body) and it also had all the new stickers my other one had. Regardless it works fine. As soon as I realized it was a different unit, I checked my Refresh to see if DJI had changed the SN which they had.
This was my experience also. While DJIRefresh is not cheap, the one time I had to use it essentially made it free for my other 2 drones due to the money saved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98