DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repair: Small unknown metal part inside drone.

K2Climber

Reactions
While repairing my Mavic 2 Pro, the small metal part in this photo fell out the drone. I don't know what it is, or where it goes back into. Any help would be appreciated. It is the small part that is above the lens cover in attached photo (It's pictured with the lens cover for perspective on size). Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0123.JPG
    IMG_0123.JPG
    567.1 KB · Views: 40
Check around your camera lens for a missing Bezel.

Reactions: K2Climber
Welcome to the forum.

"While repairing my Mavic 2 Pro, the small metal part in this photo fell out the drone."

You say the small piece is shown with the filter for perspective, so not necessarily from the filter / gimbal area ?
Can you be more specific as to where the small piece fell from ?
Ie. from the main body area, the gimbal / camera, an arm, etc.

@K2Climber looking at the pic enlarged it looks like it could be a small counterweight off something

It is probably one of 'two' detent plates from the back of the lens cover.

EDIT I am taking a better photo, there are two plates and what is visible differs between the two, if they are interchangable make sure you have the detent showing or not, as in the attached.
Use 'thin' glue and probably clean off any old residual glue BEFORE you reinstall the plate but note, the plate's 'height' is likely important so if originally mounted on a foam pad etc. leave that residue in place. Both are "flush" on the covers photographed

Attachments

• detent plate M2P lens cover 2.jpg
    detent plate M2P lens cover 2.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 17
  • detent plate M2P lens cover.jpg
    detent plate M2P lens cover.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you everyone! The mystery piece is as you all shared. It's is the "Dent Plate" from the M2P lens cover. I was able to glue it back in. THANK YOU!

The irony of my photo, is...
The mystery mental part fell out while I was doing a complete teardown of the drone, due to it plummeting to the bottom of a 40' foot deep lake. During the teardown, the part randomly fell onto my workbench and I had no idea where it came from. I spent hours looking over all the parts of the drone to identify where the part had come from. I couldn't figure it out. When taking a photo of the mystery part, I thought it would be good to have the lens cover in the photo to give a sense of how small the metal part was. Little did I know, I had turned the lens cover over, I would have had my answer. In the end, without all your help... I would have never figured it out. THANK YOU ALL!

I did think it was rather ironic that you used the lens cover for scale lol.

How much of the drone is salvagable?
I have one that spent several days in the sea and I think the camera sensor got wet and there is certainly muck in the lens unit so both are considered dead.
The motors are jammed solid with sediment or rust and the circuit boards are scrap, the metal bits of light alloy did not like salt water AT ALL.

Reactions: paulomurteira

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61