DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replaced gimbal and expected calibration error.

zoti

Reactions
Hi,

I had a crash with my mavic and broke one arm and the gimbal.
I replaced both. A bit of a job but it went well.

now the gimbal is tilted and not level and I get an error.

I found a video on youtube that should fix it using some DJI tools and a python script but I cannot get my mini to connect to the PC or Mac. They don’t recognize it.

looking for a solution.

I am not sure about the mini because I do not have one
but how do you know "They don't recognize it".

Connect the cable from the Mini to a windows PC power on the Mini.
go to "This Computer" in File explorer and right click and select Manage.
You should see the 'Computer Management' window.
In Device Manager expand 'ports(COM & LPT).
The drone is most likely to be COM3 but it depends on your system.

I am not sure about the mini because I do not have one
but how do you know "They don't recognize it".

Connect the cable from the Mini to a windows PC power on the Mini.
go to "This Computer" in File explorer and right click and select Manage.
You should see the 'Computer Management' window.
In Device Manager expand 'ports(COM & LPT).
The drone is most likely to be COM3 but it depends on your system.
It doesn’t show up in device manager. No windows would of “connected device”.

I got the mavic mini to show up briefly under com ports but then it is gone again. The computer now gives the "found new device" sound but it is not showing up.

So now i can see the content of the SD card But no cmon ports are showing up in the device manager.

ok. finally got it to work so here is what i did.

The MM will not show up in my device manager understand com ports so
i couldn't send the command to recalibrate the gimbal.

I noticed that if I restart the Mavic and then connect the USB cable before the mavic initialized then it will show up on the device manager com port for a few seconds.

So I had the command to run the python script ready in the command prompt and the second I saw the mavic show up in device manager I ran it. That worked and the gimbal calibrated.

I got the mavic mini to show up briefly under com ports but then it is gone again. The computer now gives the "found new device" sound but it is not showing up.
I think you have to plug the MM in; start the program; and when you switch the mini on, I think you only have 30 seconds for it to be recognized.
I see that you have now found this out.

Did you do JointCoarse followed by LinearHall?
Is it now Centered Correctly?

I think you have to plug the MM in; start the program; and when you switch the mini on, I think you only have 30 seconds for it to be recognized.
I see that you have now found this out.

Did you do JointCoarse followed by LinearHall?
Is it now Centered Correctly?
Yes. Exactly what I did. Calibrated using these two “commands”.
Have not flown yet. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll get to get it.

I am having the same issue with my MM not being recognized in the com ports in device manage. Has anyone found why it shows up for a second and then disappears? It recognizes the disk drive, but not through a USB com port

I am having the same issue with my MM not being recognized in the com ports in device manage. Has anyone found why it shows up for a second and then disappears? It recognizes the disk drive, but not through a USB com port
Just prepare everything, open your device manager and connect the MM. the second it shows up, run the command. It’s enough for the command to run.

You only have 30 seconds after switch on of the drone. So set everything up first, have Device manager open and waiting. Switch on the drone and look at the ports. It’s most likely COM3 and you only need to know so you can be sure of the correct command.

Awesome thanks- so to be clear. As long as I can catch what com port it shows up in even for a second. I can write to that driver and the drone will take the coding?
Thanks for the reply
Vinnek

Awesome thanks- so to be clear. As long as I can catch what com port it shows up in even for a second. I can write to that driver and the drone will take the coding?
Thanks for the reply
Vinnek
It will but only for the first 30 seconds after drone switch on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS