DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replacement bubble?

Howcroft22

Reactions
Had some problems with my Mavic lately and had to recalibrate everything and put new props on it to try to fix the issue. After putting the new props on I left the bubble on just in case something were to happen. It threw a prop from 15 feet up and dropped to the ground. The mavic is OK, but it also threw the bubble somewhere and I can’t find it. Does anyone know places to buy them without going through dji? I’d rather find one from a place like amazon where I can get quick shipping. In the meantime I’m going to do my testing with the sun hood on.

That seems good. I’ll probably get one. But I’m looking for something I can fly with as well. This says it eliminates the gimbal clamp as well. So I can’t fly with it if it holds the gimble.
Ah...didn't realize you wanted to fly with it. I guess you could use a Dremel and cut off the tabs that lock the gimbal in place. Also you do no that flying with the "bubble" does affect video/picture quality

Ah...didn't realize you wanted to fly with it. I guess you could use a Dremel and cut off the tabs that lock the gimbal in place. Also you do no that flying with the "bubble" does affect video/picture quality

Funnny. Now that I clicked on that one. I found one on amazon. I tried searching for it a few times and came up empty handed. But that actually helped.

I'm using the combined cover & lock too. However, you certainly need to remove it before powering on the Mavic since it also locks the gimbal in place.

If you want to buy a new OEM gimbal cover, they are available here on Amazon or directly from DJI here.

Last edited:
I've tried the version which holds the gimbal too - it's easy enough to use but it's nice to have the clamp on if you use filters as it locks it while you push them on. So prefer the conventional set-up.
The little tabs you engage first are weak on the original, and I doubt replacements are any better.

Reactions: AIRJORGE
I replaced my cracked cover with the lock/cover, but wasn't a fan of how it attached and didn't hold the gimbal as securely as the original lock.

I snapped the prongs off the cover and use my original lock. It's made of tougher plastic than the original cover, and feels more secure when attached.

Reactions: Mr. Salty
I’m so nervous now about flying. I keep worrying about having another prop get thrown off and it coming crashing down. When it did that to me I had previously checked them three times like I always do when I put new props on. So it makes me nervous that it could happen again. I guess I will have to fly low and slow for a while before I try getting any more filming in because I don’t want it to be up high if it does happen again

Check out Mavic Pro Accessories on the Wish app. Some items are free and you just pay for postage. I don't know how they do it. I got a few spares from them and have been satisfied.
c002f79bc9b3d319d3a4abda0e4bac4e.jpg

How does "it threw a prop" even happen? I've read about it here before. I would think they are either on or they're not.

How does "it threw a prop" even happen? I've read about it here before. I would think they are either on or they're not.

Yeah I thought the same.it flew for a few minutes fine. When I went to put another set on I saw a piece of one stuck inside the motor. I had to carefully pull it out with tweezers. I don’t know if it was from that time. Or earlier. I don’t know. It flew fine all day today. So fingers crossed.

Reactions: radman
Yeah I thought the same.it flew for a few minutes fine. When I went to put another set on I saw a piece of one stuck inside the motor. I had to carefully pull it out with tweezers. I don’t know if it was from that time. Or earlier. I don’t know. It flew fine all day today. So fingers crossed.

Check your Mavic's arms - make sure they're not flexing too far causing the props to contact the body.

Check out Mavic Pro Accessories on the Wish app. Some items are free and you just pay for postage. I don't know how they do it. I got a few spares from them and have been satisfied.
You made me curious about wish.com so I looked them up. According to Wish.com Reviews - Is it a Scam or Legit?, Wish tends to sell knock-offs, which would account for the low prices, and is not very highly rated. That being said, they might be OK for a camera cover (using a PayPal account) but I would not order props from them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada