DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replacement of main board

Climbrblue

Reactions
Hey there I just replaced the main core board on a mavic air and I keep getting camera error 3 and cannot calibrate the gimbal.

Mavic Airs are fussy about matching a core board with a gimbal. Sometimes I go through 3 or 4 core boards trying to find one that will mate with a gimbal.

Worst case you can send it to DJI.

I tried another good camera too and no luck. Is there any gimbal calibration on github or somewhere that work with it, ie like the spark?

Hey thank you for the FYI
Solved
I thought it may be something with the imu but when I took it apart I noticed the solder balls on the no4 motor were a bit large and concluded that they shorted out on rear mainboard cover plate. I resoldered the motor and camera no3 error code is gone.

Reactions: Wirre and Nickes
Solved
I thought it may be something with the imu but when I took it apart I noticed the solder balls on the no4 motor were a bit large and concluded that they shorted out on rear mainboard cover plate. I resoldered the motor and camera no3 error code is gone.

How exactly did you solve the compatibility problem? I don't understand you bro

I was told by a rep that the gimbal-mainboard incompatibility can be resolved with an "official" re-flashing.

It almost seems like there are certain vintages of gimbals must be waitlisted in the onboard FW before it will talk properly.

I would not be surprised as Apple and Lenovo have FW whitest on their products already to prevent 3rd party products and repairs..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+