DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replacement Props For Mavic Pro

quister

Reactions
I'm headed out on a two week trip with my Mavic Pro and only have two replacement props that came in the factory box. I thought it might be a good idea to take at least a set of four with me. I'm not finding any factory DJI replacement props on amazon or ebay, but a nice selection of aftermarket props. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on which brands are good and which to avoid?

Reactions: tlswift58
Thanks "eE". For some reason I did not find that offering. But your link took me right to it and I ordered a set...and very affordable with free shipping...can't beat that. But it would still be interesting to get some opinions on aftermarket brands from anyone who might have some experience and knowledge about them. In many forum chats I've read there is usually a word of caution about aftermarket props. I'd like to know more.

The MAS Stealth props are great on my M1P I find.
Also the MPP (Platinum) 8331 props are excellent.
Both are quieter than the OEM 8330 for the M1P.

Thanks "eE". For some reason I did not find that offering.

It it's the Amazon ones you are referring to, then they LOOK like the original M1P 8330 props, not the Platinum 8331 props.
The silver stripe is the 8330, the 8331 has gold tips.

Could just be seller lack of knowledge and the silver 'platinum' colour confusing them ?
Or, they got the pics wrong.

Edit, this is supposed to be the DJI Store Amazon outlet ? Not something they should get wrong !! Check to make sure they are DJI OEM, not some copy.

Either way, 8330 or 8331, you'll find they work the same*, and if 8331 you will probably notice the M1P flies a little quieter.

At least that is 2 pairs (usually sold as a single pair), so you have a full replacement set no matter what type they are.

* Note, SOME (very few) find changing to 8331 or MAS Stealth props leads to gimbal jump.
Very rare, have never had this at all myself, and from other posts here most don't.
There is a fix in the gains, if you get 8331 props and have trouble see this video . . .

This shows fix for 8331 props on the M1P, not MAS Stealth if you get those (and it's a problem).
I imagine similar settings or perhaps a tad more would be used for those.

My AC has silver striped props and the Amazon site showed silver striped props. I guess I'll wait and see what shows up.

My AC has silver striped props and the Amazon site showed silver striped props. I guess I'll wait and see what shows up.

Let us know here, very strange for DJI to put either the wrong prop number / name, or the wrong photos.
I have a feeling you will get the silver stripe OEM M1P 8330 props ok, but if gold tip, see what you think, at least you got a set.

Edit typo

Last edited:
just to add something to the mix, the stealth props that came with my MPP had both silver and gold tips ,the colour is of no concern the real difference between the original mavic props and the MPP ones is the shape of the tip of the prop,and that shape helps to change the perceived noise they make as you fly, it alters the dynamic's of the vortices that come off the end of the prop and thats what makes them appear quieter

just to add something to the mix, the stealth props that came with my MPP had both silver and gold tips ,the colour is of no concern the real difference between the original mavic props and the MPP ones is the shape of the tip of the prop,and that shape helps to change the perceived noise they make as you fly, it alters the dynamic's of the vortices that come off the end of the prop and thats what makes them appear quieter

Heck yeah, just noticed the ones in the Amazon link don't have the silver stripe (M1P 8330) but silver tips !
And shaped ends of the 8331 platinum props.
I've got gold tips in the 8331, never knew they did them in silver too.

So the OP is getting Platinum props, should be very happy with them.

Reactions: old man mavic
I'm headed out on a two week trip with my Mavic Pro and only have two replacement props that came in the factory box. I thought it might be a good idea to take at least a set of four with me. I'm not finding any factory DJI replacement props on amazon or ebay, but a nice selection of aftermarket props. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on which brands are good and which to avoid?
I got Master Airscrews for my Air2. No issues as yet. Got the red ones to hopefully see the bird a slight bit better than with the DJI blacks. MAS does state it increases flight time (a little), a faster top speed (not much of a + for me as I rarely fly in Sport), and quieter (I'm like 75% deaf and without hearing aids in - I don't hear a huge difference).

If they truly do provide all those things - then the added slight cost from DJI props will be worth it over long haul.

At least for the Air2, they have like 4-5 colors to choose from as well. Ordered mine directly from MAS and got them a couple days later. So far, so good.

Reactions: old man mavic
I got Master Airscrews for my Air2. No issues as yet. Got the red ones to hopefully see the bird a slight bit better than with the DJI blacks. MAS does state it increases flight time (a little), a faster top speed (not much of a + for me as I rarely fly in Sport), and quieter (I'm like 75% deaf and without hearing aids in - I don't hear a huge difference).

If they truly do provide all those things - then the added slight cost from DJI props will be worth it over long haul.

At least for the Air2, they have like 4-5 colors to choose from as well. Ordered mine directly from MAS and got them a couple days later. So far, so good.
I just tested my MAS props on my Air 2 - found my batteries drain faster with them. You might want to do your own tests if flight time is important. While in my case it's only a few percent faster - that a minute less time in the air.

I just tested my MAS props on my Air 2 - found my batteries drain faster with them. You might want to do your own tests if flight time is important. While in my case it's only a few percent faster - that a minute less time in the air.
Have flown some since putting the MAS props on and I don't time my flights. Primarily because my batteries fluctuate on flight time differently on each battery. Even when "supposedly" at full charge - I can get an initial reading of 26-29 minutes available for TO.

I rarely if ever fly in Sport Mode and don't do a great deal of flying in Normal either - due to many factors - most being my flying environment and no need for speed.

I was not expecting a great increase of anything with the MAS Props and that was not my reason for buying / trying them. If I get / got an increase in flight time, albeit what MAS states as about 1 minute max - that would still make the props worth the few extra $$$ over the long run of using them. I was wanting more color contrast than the black / gray that is the DJI Air2. The props were a far cheaper option than strobes and they also provide me a backup pair of props should I need them. I will probably still purchase some strobes to increase my drone visibility and it won't be so I can fly 1-3 miles out and say I still have VLOS. My flying terrain does not allow that even with strobes or anything else for that matter. Yet, they will hopefully enhance my vis when flying in and around trees and other vegetation that is closer to my actual focal point for pics / vids - waterfalls and such.

Well the props showed up today and they are the 8331 low noise, quick release props...with silver tips and in dji factory boxes. It's nice to have them. Thanks again "eE" for that link to them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji