DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replacement props

MarshMadness

Reactions
So due to a landing mishap involving a deck chair, I broke my first set of props on my MM so I’m now in the market for some replacement props. Are there any aftermarket brands that people have used that don’t cause issues? Or should I stick with DJI props? Also, are low noise props actually worth it and is there an actual noticeable difference in noise level?

i would stick with OEM props ,at the moment there are not any low noise props specifically for the MM ,unless someone knows different

DJI blades come in pairs, the aftermarket blades I have seen do not come in pairs.
It is possible DJI sell them in pairs because they are weight nd/or balance matched and maybe pitch matched too. Rhetorically, are aftermarket props also 'balanced'? Then there is the question of 'fit'.

I'll be sticking with DJI blades.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to me that the propellers are the most important thing on the drone and minor imperfections could cause catestrophic failure. Shape, balance, flex, fit all come into play with these components that keep your bird up in the air and controlled. While it is possible to make propellers better than DJI's OEM props, of the reviews I've read the 3rd party propellers almost universally say they aren't as good as the DJI props.

Having said that, right now there seems to be a drought of DJI props and the prices are either jacked significantly or priced at $12 with ridiculous shipping charges. A few weeks ago on Amazon DJI props were $12. Yesterday $17. Today almost $20. Best Buy has them for $13 but if shipped $5.50. $15 on Ebay with free shipping currently.

I am intrigued with the carbon fiber propellers that some vendors are offering. Plastic is easily deformed and retains the deformity if held in an unnatural position for any length of time. I just experienced having one of the blades become quite misshapen even though I am very careful when packing and storing my mini. I was lucky to have caught it before a major catastrophe. I'm wondering if the carbon fiber props are manufactured to high enough standards and will withstand the propensity for deformities that plastic does?

Regarding propellers deforming, what is the safest way to store the unit to prevent this? Are elastic retainers a good idea even if one is careful in placing the drone in its case?

being another new guy here and to the drone world, i am unsure about the quality as i have not tried these yet. However, these seem to be fairly priced and have a high rating on them. I hope this helps.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

Never heard of the brand. Are you new to drone flying? If so stay basic until you know stock parameters and controls by heart.

It seems to me that the propellers are the most important thing on the drone and minor imperfections could cause catestrophic failure. Shape, balance, flex, fit all come into play with these components that keep your bird up in the air and controlled. While it is possible to make propellers better than DJI's OEM props, of the reviews I've read the 3rd party propellers almost universally say they aren't as good as the DJI props.

Having said that, right now there seems to be a drought of DJI props and the prices are either jacked significantly or priced at $12 with ridiculous shipping charges. A few weeks ago on Amazon DJI props were $12. Yesterday $17. Today almost $20. Best Buy has them for $13 but if shipped $5.50. $15 on Ebay with free shipping currently.

I am intrigued with the carbon fiber propellers that some vendors are offering. Plastic is easily deformed and retains the deformity if held in an unnatural position for any length of time. I just experienced having one of the blades become quite misshapen even though I am very careful when packing and storing my mini. I was lucky to have caught it before a major catastrophe. I'm wondering if the carbon fiber props are manufactured to high enough standards and will withstand the propensity for deformities that plastic does?
Wow that was a much needed breath of fresh air you just spit out there bro. ??. Thats in no way meant to be sarcastic either. Ive been preaching that same cermon for a year and can't seem to get many to agree with me. Add this to your theory that isn't a theory. In a lot of the world the summer heat can bring your car Temps up to 200 degrees and would only take an hour of you running in the market with your spouse or whatever. Those kind of Temps with the weight of the drone pushing them tight against the drones body has now remolded the shape of those props but you never thought of any of that and by the time you get home with air on in car cooled the props down so now there hardened to the odd shape but when you pull up you grab your case go inside and charge batteries but because the drone is now cool again when you open it up to charge so in your mind you never give it another though cuz you hadn't known that scenerio even happened. You'll swear up and down if it crashes you never subjected it to any harms way so in your head you think you know you could not be at fault, but you were. I think I've argued with every one of those guys at some point and there's no way you can convince them it was there fault. Thats been real life for me for over a year. Was staring to believe I was the only one that can see the truth. So thank you so much for that cool breath of fresh air my brother. Inwish I could buy you a beer

Wow that was a much needed breath of fresh air you just spit out there bro. ??. Thats in no way meant to be sarcastic either. Ive been preaching that same cermon for a year and can't seem to get many to agree with me. Add this to your theory that isn't a theory. In a lot of the world the summer heat can bring your car Temps up to 200 degrees and would only take an hour of you running in the market with your spouse or whatever. Those kind of Temps with the weight of the drone pushing them tight against the drones body has now remolded the shape of those props but you never thought of any of that and by the time you get home with air on in car cooled the props down so now there hardened to the odd shape but when you pull up you grab your case go inside and charge batteries but because the drone is now cool again when you open it up to charge so in your mind you never give it another though cuz you hadn't known that scenerio even happened. You'll swear up and down if it crashes you never subjected it to any harms way so in your head you think you know you could not be at fault, but you were. I think I've argued with every one of those guys at some point and there's no way you can convince them it was there fault. Thats been real life for me for over a year. Was staring to believe I was the only one that can see the truth. So thank you so much for that cool breath of fresh air my brother. Inwish I could buy you a beer
Thank you. I looked at my post and it was July of 2020, before I got my M2 or traded my MM1 for a MM2. The Mavic 2's props are certainly more robust than the Mini's and I think the Mini 2 props are sturdier than the Mini 1 and one cannot speculate why DJI made the Mini 2 so that that the Mini 1 props wouldn't fit, but probably with good reason.

My earlier comments still stand. But I'd like to point out one of the smarter things DJI did with the Mini 2. They shipped it with a cradle that keeps the top props in place during storage and protects the bottom props from distortion when you set it in a case or put it in your pocket or whatever. PGYTech made one for the Mini 1 but it didn't work for me as I have leg extensions and strobe lights that I leave on all the time for convenience. But for those with naked Mini's it's pretty good.

I do it a simple cheap way... a small strip of self sticking velcro and in over 13 months I've never had another issue past the first time after I started doing it.
h1ttps://youtu.be/V8TXJyoI4W

I do it a simple cheap way... a small strip of self sticking velcro and in over 13 months I've never had another issue past the first time after I started doing it.
h1ttps://youtu.be/V8TXJyoI4W

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S