DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replacing Mavic Mini Gimbal

rscheff

Reactions
I am on my 3rd mini, one replacement was under warranty, the other two were replaced under the insurance policy. My first replacement was because the gimbal kept overheating. It is now happening again, I get 2 error msgs. 1) Gimbal is over heating and 2) Gimbal is stuck. I have a feeling it is just a matter of time that it fails so I am looking for a new gimbal. My question is: Can you replace the gimbal in a Mini 1 with the gimbal of a mini 2? Might as well upgrade while doing it.

I have several mavic mini's and mini 2 one of the mini's has nearly 800 flights and the others all have 100+ flights. None has had an gimbal error other than those caused by a crash etc. or where something has been blocking the movement of the gimbal, including the cover being left on.
I would, respectfully, suggest that with three failures you need to look at your handling of the drone or the way you store it or the flying environment.
Are you flying, landing, taking-off in dusty conditions, are you loading the gimbal with heavy filters etc.

With regards to the swap, I too would say NO, a straight Mavic Mini for Mavic Mini swap is difficult enough and involves the use of some Java scripts, a Mini 2 camera may be even worse.
Aside from that, unless the Mini 2 camera/gimbal is being taken from a broken drone I doubt the swap would be economically sensible.

217.04US $ 44% di SCONTO|Nuovo per DJI Mavic Mini Gimbal Camera Assembly pezzi di ricambio di ricambio riparazione dell'obiettivo testa della fotocamera del giunto cardanico|Drone Accessories Kits| - AliExpress

I copied and pasted the above into Google Translate and it translated the Italian into this...

"217.04US $ 44% OFF | New for DJI Mavic Mini Gimbal Camera Assembly Spare Parts Lens Repair Camera Head Gimbal | Drone Accessories Kits | - AliExpress"

Now I would ask if you have viewed any YouTube videos on the disassemble and work on your Mini. Dealing with such delicate work is not for everyone...

Good Luck...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC