DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replicating Photos

YTDrone

Reactions
I am surveying sites with my Mavic 2 Pro and I would like to be able to replicate the same photo from year to year - from the same GPS coordinates and from the same height above the ground. Is there a way to either have this information stored in the app, or at least have it recorded and then pre-program the drone to go back to the exact same location?

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

likely to require aftermarket software. I’ m sure someone will post your answer soon.

I am surveying sites with my Mavic 2 Pro and I would like to be able to replicate the same photo from year to year - from the same GPS coordinates and from the same height above the ground. Is there a way to either have this information stored in the app, or at least have it recorded and then pre-program the drone to go back to the exact same location?

I'd recommend using Litchi to do that.

If the goal is to take off and from the same spot in the sky snap an identical photo a year later. sounds like as noted you'd need another app

If you just need to be in the proximity, there is probably metadata in the original photo that should show coordinates to where the photo was taken, and there are a number of exif data viewers to get that information.

Reactions: Trackerputnam
all the information on GPS location, elevation, exposure, etc etc etc is stored in the file metadata, should be pretty easy to fly to the same spot with all that information available.

Reactions: dozzn
all the information on GPS location, elevation, exposure, etc etc etc is stored in the file metadata, should be pretty easy to fly to the same spot with all that information available.

But much easier to set it up as an action at a waypoint in Litchi, with defined position and height and POI or heading and gimbal angle.

Reactions: dozzn and tlswift58
All helpful advice. Thanks to each of you. I'll look into Litchi as an option. My impression is that, with respect to height above the ground, it identifies the height above ground during the flight but the metadata appears to show it as elevation above sea level. Is there anywhere in the metadata that indicates what height above the ground that the photo was taken?

All helpful advice. Thanks to each of you. I'll look into Litchi as an option. My impression is that, with respect to height above the ground, it identifies the height above ground during the flight but the metadata appears to show it as elevation above sea level. Is there anywhere in the metadata that indicates what height above the ground that the photo was taken?

The exif data contains several altitude fields, none of which are height AGL, since the aircraft doesn't know what that is. You can, however, define Litchi waypoints as height above ground level rather than height above takeoff location, provided that it has internet access to get DEM data when you create the mission.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User