DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reputable brick-and-mortar repair shop near Cincinnati, Ohio for drone electronics issue?

hockeypop98

Reactions
I'm having a weird issue with my controller and app not playing well together (as in the app closing as soon as I hit Go Fly while the phone is plugged into the controller -- separately, they each work fine).

The old fogey in me prefers to deal with a physical repair shop. Does anyone have experience with an electronics repair shop anywhere in southwest Ohio? I need my flying fix!

Probably someone here may be able to save you a trip.
If you provide a bit more info like what pieces you are using, it may be solvable. Hope you get your fix soon!

Reactions: hockeypop98
Probably someone here may be able to save you a trip.
If you provide a bit more info like what pieces you are using, it may be solvable. Hope you get your fix soon!
Thanks, here's what I post on the help forum. If any other info would help, let me know. (Also, I'm going to try an uninstall/reinstall of the DJIGo4 app when I get back home tonight).

Here's my problem:

Problem?
I can fly MA using only app, and the controller pairs to the drone and works without phone but when I hit GoFly on phone attached to controller, camera screen opens for a millisecond. Then crashes

Was unit in a crash?
No

What have you tried so far?
I updated all firmware and geofence maps, and have repeatedly tried rebooting phone, restarting drone, and checked to see if drone can fly only on app (yes) and only with controller (yes)

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus (Android version 9, One UI version 1.0)

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
Aircraft: 1.00.0620
Controller: Unknown. App closes every time I hit GoFly if I have the controller and app paired

What Go app version are you using?

Any modification?
(if so what)
No

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)
N/A
Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)
No

Thanks to all who replied. My issue is resolved!

I feel like a total idiot, but the advice to uninstall/ reinstall the app was the solution I couldn't think of!?

I'm going to try to blame it on the fact that when I was in high school, knowing how to set your point gap and ignition timing, or how to install a car stereo (8-Track and cassette, woo boy!) was about as tech savvy of hobbies there were where I grew up. I know it's a sucky excuse, since I've been relying on computers and radios in my profession since day 1, but it's all I got! ?

Thanks, here's what I post on the help forum. If any other info would help, let me know. (Also, I'm going to try an uninstall/reinstall of the DJIGo4 app when I get back home tonight).

Here's my problem:

Problem?
I can fly MA using only app, and the controller pairs to the drone and works without phone but when I hit GoFly on phone attached to controller, camera screen opens for a millisecond. Then crashes

Was unit in a crash?
No

What have you tried so far?
I updated all firmware and geofence maps, and have repeatedly tried rebooting phone, restarting drone, and checked to see if drone can fly only on app (yes) and only with controller (yes)

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus (Android version 9, One UI version 1.0)

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
Aircraft: 1.00.0620
Controller: Unknown. App closes every time I hit GoFly if I have the controller and app paired

What Go app version are you using?

Any modification?
(if so what)
No

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)
N/A
Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)
No
I’m an iOS user. When .16 version came out, I had issues where the Go 4 app kept dropping the video connection mid-flight. I had to let the Mavic hover and shut down the app and restart the app. It would work for a minute then drop again. I packed it in and went home.

Since then, .17 came out. I’ll be testing that version later today, along with my new Evo.

I’m an iOS user. When .16 version came out, I had issues where the Go 4 app kept dropping the video connection mid-flight. I had to let the Mavic hover and shut down the app and restart the app. It would work for a minute then drop again. I packed it in and went home.

Since then, .17 came out. I’ll be testing that version later today, along with my new Evo.
I myself summoned shenzen for what to archive of djigo4 valuables personal prior erasure then reinstalling. yes after updating the battery algorithm 560 aircraft fw plus djigo4 v4.3.8 to v4.3.14, lots of lost connects, weak signal, and strong aircraft interferences. i just pray i dont have to cold hard factory reset the galaxy s8 nougat in conjunction with djigo4 erasure reinstall. i fly only with ALL three devices (drone, rc, phone). I've got to research whether device change outs impact the djigo4 status already locked to serial numbers. those devices have changed by replacements sent. such complications.

Glad everything got sorted out, you will find this forum a valuable source of information and help.

Not trying to step on any local toes BUT if you need hardware repair and don't have DJI Refresh you can't get any better than @Thunderdrones he is located in a suburb of Atlanta, GA. (Duluth) as many people on here will attest to.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000