DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reputable DJI dronedealers/sales in Las Vegas?

sonicpilot

Reactions
Can anyone recommend a reputable store in Las Vegas that sells Dji drones. I anticipate being on the market soon for a Dji Mavic2 Pro. The Dji website lists a number of Walmart stores as options. However, I am looking for a more dedicated drone store, not the toy section at Walmart. Thanks for any advice!

Can anyone recommend a reputable store in Las Vegas that sells Dji drones. I anticipate being on the market soon for a Dji Mavic2 Pro. The Dji website lists a number of Walmart stores as options. However, I am looking for a more dedicated drone store, not the toy section at Walmart. Thanks for any advice!
Apple Stores or Best Buy there are a few listings for a couple of hobby shops but I doubt they would have much. If not local, B & H Photo and Adorama are the big DJI sellers in NY and are of the highest reputable sellers. And of course there is always Amazon. (2 Day W/Prime) ;)

Last edited:
Apple Stores or Best Buy there are a few listings for a couple of hobby shops but I doubt they would have much. If not local, B & H Photo and Adorama are the big DJI sellers in NY and are of the highest reputable sellers. And of course there is always Amazon. (2 Day W/Prime) ;)

Thanks for your reply Repaid1. I did find one store here in Vegas called Alpha Drone. I will research them further. I am hoping to find at least 1 or 2 other local options. I will consider Apple and Best buy as a last option as I doubt I will find truly knowledgeable help other than their ability to simply "ring-up" the sale. My hope was that I could find a local store where I could purchase the drone as well as get ongoing support from time to time. One last thing Repaid1, I notice you are a retired U.S. Marine. THANK YOU for your service and sacrifice sir!

Thanks for your reply Repaid1. I did find one store here in Vegas called Alpha Drone. I will research them further. I am hoping to find at least 1 or 2 other local options. I will consider Apple and Best buy as a last option as I doubt I will find truly knowledgeable help other than their ability to simply "ring-up" the sale. My hope was that I could find a local store where I could purchase the drone as well as get ongoing support from time to time. One last thing Repaid1, I notice you are a retired U.S. Marine. THANK YOU for your service and sacrifice sir!
No Problem, but I fly a M2 as well, it's not a starter drone, so I am assuming you have flown DJI before? I guess I don't see what it is your after with a local sale for any support? I looked up Alpha Drone they look like a great Mom & Pop hobby store. But they aren't a DJI service center. So really it doesn't matter where you get the Drone from. Like most of us, we go for a good deal, but buying a DJI from just anyone isn't really doing much. I realize they are trying to hack it out in this world and Local Hobby shops are going the wayside.

Guess I just don't see the whole point from your perpective and of course you are free to do what you want. But from my view you buy a DJI and any issue you may have is handled by them or forums like this. I get they (LHS) may help you with this and that after the purchase, but their really isn't any need for them to have to do anything as the chance of them doing or having to do anything is remotely small. I mean if they have a great refund policy if you get a lemon that would be good, but Amazon and Best Buy have a solid one as well. But anyway just wish you well on your upcoming purchase, "see" ya around. :)

No Problem, but I fly a M2 as well, it's not a starter drone, so I am assuming you have flown DJI before? I guess I don't see what it is your after with a local sale for any support? I looked up Alpha Drone they look like a great Mom & Pop hobby store. But they aren't a DJI service center. So really it doesn't matter where you get the Drone from. Like most of us, we go for a good deal, but buying a DJI from just anyone isn't really doing much. I realize they are trying to hack it out in this world and Local Hobby shops are going the wayside.

Guess I just don't see the whole point from your perpective and of course you are free to do what you want. But from my view you buy a DJI and any issue you may have is handled by them or forums like this. I get they (LHS) may help you with this and that after the purchase, but their really isn't any need for them to have to do anything as the chance of them doing or having to do anything is remotely small. I mean if they have a great refund policy if you get a lemon that would be good, but Amazon and Best Buy have a solid one as well. But anyway just wish you well on your upcoming purchase, "see" ya around. :)
You do raise some good points. I will probably get a lot more experienced advice from this forum than anywhere else. I'm just a little "old school" and initially was expecting to find a number of retail drone stores locally with knowledgeable staff.
As for my drone aspirations, I am in the process of researching and developing a drone filming program for my employer. We operate heavy earth moving equipment for fun. We have customers come in and operate bulldozers and excavators just for fun. I want to film their experiences and sell the videos. This will be a complete FAR Part 107 compliant program.
This would be my first crack at flying a drone. In your opinion is the Mavic 2 pro relatively easy to learn and fly. I do have an extensive background as a commercial helicopter pilot, well over 7000 hours. However, drones are different. I'm not sure how much of my prior helicopter piloting experience will help.

You should do fine. But like other aircrafts, each has its own personality. Find a wide open area (shouldn't be too hard in Vegas) and check yourself out.
You can get a head start by downloading the full manual from DJI website and going through it.

You do raise some good points. I will probably get a lot more experienced advice from this forum than anywhere else. I'm just a little "old school" and initially was expecting to find a number of retail drone stores locally with knowledgeable staff.
As for my drone aspirations, I am in the process of researching and developing a drone filming program for my employer. We operate heavy earth moving equipment for fun. We have customers come in and operate bulldozers and excavators just for fun. I want to film their experiences and sell the videos. This will be a complete FAR Part 107 compliant program.
This would be my first crack at flying a drone. In your opinion is the Mavic 2 pro relatively easy to learn and fly. I do have an extensive background as a commercial helicopter pilot, well over 7000 hours. However, drones are different. I'm not sure how much of my prior helicopter piloting experience will help.

Yeah it's not like I didn't grow up with Local Hobby Shops, and they, back in the day were all we had. But when dealing with a UAS-CP they mostly aren't needed was my point. They are more tuned to the fixed, rotor or acro gang these days.
I am quite sure they know and fly DJI and all, but not really needed in this sector of flight per say. I would say a M2P is a bit over kill for your missions (But it is a extremely fine aircraft) I know of a few heavy equipment "Fun Yard" operations and may have even visited the one you talk of ;)

You might just want to go for a MA2 or perhaps a M2Z for it's feature set. The zoom will give you some good footage angles and shots. Your doing good for21 years old and 7000 flight hours in a rotor...kudos on that! I myself started flying fixed wing at 14 years young and soloed at 17 :)

But whatever your choice you shouldn't have any big issues with flying a precision/advanced DJI just a bit of studying the ends and outs of control and feature set. I actually was going to get a MA2 but opted out and switched to a M2Z when I found out features were lacking compared to the M2Z (For me) and even more so now that they aren't giving it waypoints....I personally am not a big fan of the Fly App...but I myself am "ole school" as well in my ways :p

Last edited:
Yeah it's not like I didn't grow up with Local Hobby Shops, and they, back in the day were all we had. But when dealing with a UAS-CP they mostly aren't needed was my point. They are more tuned to the fixed, rotor or acro gang these days.
I am quite sure they know and fly DJI and all, but not really needed in this sector of flight per say. I would say a M2P is a bit over kill for your missions (But it is a extremely fine aircraft) I know of a few heavy equipment "Fun Yard" operations and may have even visited the one you talk of ;)

You might just want to go for a MA2 or perhaps a M2Z for it's feature set. The zoom will give you some good footage angles and shots. Your doing good for21 years old and 7000 flight hours in a rotor...kudos on that! I myself started flying fixed wing at 14 years young and soloed at 17 :)

But whatever your choice you shouldn't have any big issues with flying a precision/advanced DJI just a bit of studying the ends and outs of control and feature set. I actually was going to get a MA2 but opted out and switched to a M2Z when I found out features were lacking compared to the M2Z and even more so now that they aren't giving it waypoints....I personally am not a big fan of the Fly App...but I my self am "ole school" as well in my ways :p
As for my age....I am actually 53. I did not enter my birthdate correctly (intentionally) when I signed up. Wanted to maintain some privacy. Why is a birth date required to sign up to a forum anyway??

As for my age....I am actually 53. I did not enter my birthdate correctly (intentionally) when I signed up. Wanted to maintain some privacy. Why is a birth date required to sign up to a forum anyway??
It's not, you can leave it blank.

Sonic - while they aren't "in Las Vegas", Advexure.com is right down the way in Los Angeles and even better, they are both online (Advexure | Drone Systems & Unmanned Solutions) AND a contributing member & vender on this and the Autel Pilots forum! They have both a service department and tech support gurus for both DJI & Autel + other UAS systems, all the way up to big commercial enterprise level drones. They should be able to give you any answers or support you need. Great customer service as well.

Advexure can chime in with more info.​

Sonic - while they aren't "in Las Vegas", Advexure.com is right down the way in Los Angeles and even better, they are both online (Advexure | Drone Systems & Unmanned Solutions) AND a contributing member & vender on this and the Autel Pilots forum! They have both a service department and tech support gurus for both DJI & Autel + other UAS systems, all the way up to big commercial enterprise level drones. They should be able to give you any answers or support you need. Great customer service as well.

Advexure can chime in with more info.​

Hello davery87, thank you for taking a moment to respond to my question! I did have the Advexure website quickly pop up as soon as I searched "Drone Stores in Las Vegas" but quickly became frustrated with their trickery!!! Here's what I mean by "Trickery." When their website popped up It has a large picture of Las Vegas with the following:

Shop from a DJI Authorized Dealer in Las Vegas​

So, I immediately began to look for their address here in Las Vegas only to find there was NO Las Vegas address. Trickery number 1.

Then, I click on a little bubble implying that you could instant message someone for help, (I was going to ask them for their Vegas address and a few other things). I typed a few questions then clicked SUBMIT expecting to get a reply, but instead of a reply, I got a pop-up window requiring me to now submit my email address instead with no other option to continue to the instant message. Trickery number2. I HATE that crap. I'll take my business elsewhere, without the "Trickery." The very last thing I want is to start a business relationship with anyone who does business like that.

Last edited:
More and more business websites lack a phone number or address for the business. Many times not even an email address.

I bought my Mini 2 at B&C Camera earlier this month. Looks like they sell more: Search Results

I got my first drone in March right as the shutdowns hit. I wanted to check out Alpha Drone but from what I can see they have been closed permanently. Maybe the shutdowns killed them. Friendly Hobbies (friendlyhobbies.com) were pleasant when a visited them but drones are only a small part of what they do. I went to the location on Ranch and Gowan, but they have a Henderson store also.

We do not have any presence or nexus in Nevada but do lots of business to Las Vegas and Nevada in general given that all Advexure online orders arrive to Vegas next business day, and are sales tax free

We've been a sponsor and supporter of the forum for about five years, and serve the Americas as one of the largest dealers, distributors and training providers for commercial UAS. Happy to assist any way we can.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser