DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Request for little info on post processing technique, premiere

Red_Raven

Reactions
Guys can someone point me in the direction of creating a mask (like layer mask In photoshop) that will allow selected parts of the video frames to show color correction while other parts won't show it.

Simply a selective or spot editing I would have called it in good old photoshop....

Something like this? Just apply the adjustments on a separate layer and then either crop that layer or if you're super lazy (like me..) then just move the adjustment layer sideways..

If you want to be more specific then create a transparent/black png as a layer mask and apply it to a matte... youtube is full of tutorials

Something like this? Just apply the adjustments on a separate layer and then either crop that layer or if you're super lazy (like me..) then just move the adjustment layer sideways..

I like your thinking....lazy = searching the easy way = great success

There aren't any layer masks in premiere? In PS it adds a mask onto layer and I can paint any part of the mask black to get that area to see trough the layer.... Awesome tool I use alot

Depends on what version you're using.. newer versions let you mask any effect in its setting, if you don't see that option check out track matte key effect - you can use a black/white png as a mask same as in PS.

Of course . Í know what Settings you are talking about as soon as you mention them, it's sometimes hard to be a noob [emoji3] I have to say how disappointed I was to see how different all up and workspace in premiere is from photoshop, Adobe claim that all the CC software should be familiar to users of any one of them. That's simply false. Being a photoshop users since v 2.0 was released, I simply have no clue what I'm doing in premiere, and even don't know where to look for basic settings in there.

Adobe failed there IMO.

I got the latest version, I just subscribed to all Creative cloud pack, money well spent IMO.

Of course . Í know what Settings you are talking about as soon as you mention them, it's sometimes hard to be a noob [emoji3] I have to say how disappointed I was to see how different all up and workspace in premiere is from photoshop, Adobe claim that all the CC software should be familiar to users of any one of them. That's simply false. Being a photoshop users since v 2.0 was released, I simply have no clue what I'm doing in premiere, and even don't know where to look for basic settings in there.

Adobe failed there IMO.

I got the latest version, I just subscribed to all Creative cloud pack, money well spent IMO.

Svavar,

I think you are being a little impatient - it isnt as though you mastered Photoshop in a month or two.

I am very proficient at Photoshop - I had never touched Premiere Pro until less than a month ago but I have still managed to put something like this together with a little (actually quite a lot) of effort.

So as to a mask. Select your video go to 'effects controls' and you will square, oval and pen tool masking just as in Photoshop.

Definitely Premiere can be a bit frustrating to begin with - it took me ages to work out how to place a graduated filter on my footage for instance. If you are a 'photographer' you can really short cut everything a lot with 'Magic Bullet Suite' plugin which has pretty much everything in very 'photo' based concepts such as 'stops'. But then again Photoshop itself isnt very photo intuitive.

I think if you plug away at things for a week or two with endless frustrations it will quite quickly 'click'. Photoshop took me 2 or 3 months before I could do very much.

Reactions: Red_Raven
Svavar,

I think you are being a little impatient - it isnt as though you mastered Photoshop in a month or two.

I am very proficient at Photoshop - I had never touched Premiere Pro until less than a month ago but I have still managed to put something like this together with a little (actually quite a lot) of effort.

So as to a mask. Select your video go to 'effects controls' and you will square, oval and pen tool masking just as in Photoshop.

Definitely Premiere can be a bit frustrating to begin with - it took me ages to work out how to place a graduated filter on my footage for instance. If you are a 'photographer' you can really short cut everything a lot with 'Magic Bullet Suite' plugin which has pretty much everything in very 'photo' based concepts such as 'stops'. But then again Photoshop itself isnt very photo intuitive.

I think if you plug away at things for a week or two with endless frustrations it will quite quickly 'click'. Photoshop took me 2 or 3 months before I could do very much.

Thank you....
You're good with reading people?
Patience have never been counted as my strongest deed.... I really sust at patience. ‍♂️[emoji23]

I guess I know very well that new things always take time, but it is frustrating to suck at things, so it can be hard and when it's hard I start to cry like you guys were witnessing. Lol [emoji4]

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett