DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Resetting gimbal in flight

macfawlty

Reactions
I ran a low flight along a river last week. There were some small gauge power lines in a couple spots. In an attempt to avoid one, think I ascended into it. I may have been stuck on it for a moment and the camera/gimbal got out of alignment, which made my return to home point challenging with the camera pointing sideways. I reverted to my orientation arrow and got back ok.

Is there any way to reset the gimbal in-flight?

With the smart controller, you can hit the 4 way button to look all the way down, then hit it again to look up, that re-centers the gimbal. This is necessary if you use your finger to yaw the camera instead of sticks.

There is a similar process with regular controller, but I am not sure of the buttons, as I have stopped using it for so long.

Paul C

Reactions: johnmeyer
There is a similar process with regular controller, but I am not sure of the buttons, as I have stopped using it for so long.
The default is the C1 button on the rear of the regular controller unless assigned to some other feature.

With the smart controller, you can hit the 4 way button to look all the way down, then hit it again to look up, that re-centers the gimbal. This is necessary if you use your finger to yaw the camera instead of sticks.

Paul C
Same for the regular controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo