DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Resolve Cache Issue?

ThatBeardedDroneGuy

Part 107 Bubba
Premium Pilot
Reactions
First off, I'm totally new to Resolve, but I've thought I was making pretty good progress.

I had a clip I wanted to clone something out of so I've been using a tutorial from Casey Faris. It's a lot more convoluted than I'd like, but it worked beautifully in another clip. Now I'm working on another project and it's become insane.

I "think" I have a cache issue. This is what I see in the Edit timeline.

resolve-cache.png

Per Google, the blue line is my cached files. However, when I play now, the two highlighted clips are black. The video is gone. I only see the before/after clips.
I've tried rebuilding the cache.

To be honest, I'm thinking my love affair is quickly fading. Resolve 17 crashes on me nonstop.

Sorry can't help you with that platform, but the blue line just means that the portion of the video directly under it is cached. Uncached portions will be red. So I doubt you have a cache problem based on that small screenshot.

The crashes may be indicative of your system being asked to do something that it needs more horsepower to do.

Hmm. I wonder why those are the only two clips cached out of the whole project.

I should have plenty of horsepower. What's odd is that it closes when the app isn't in use. I was in my browser, for example, flipped back and it was gone. All I'd done is restart it from the last crash. Guess I'll keep poking around.

Black video solved. Operator error. I was trying to clone out some ground debris and failed miserably. When I deleted that work from Fusion, I also deleted MediaIn/Out. That's why it couldn't display. Added those back and all is right with the world.

Now to fix the crashing.

Reactions: RUFFSTUFF
Typically cache is only necessary for clips with additional editing features applied.... in your case, cloning, but also things like titles, transitions...

Get the new version 18, and consider buying the DaVinci Resolve Speed Editor. I am very good with Photoshop but no clue with editing video so have been putting off that learning curve. I saw someone mention the DaVinci Resolve Speed Editor and looked it up. Amazing piece of kit to help with ease and speed of editing. Take a look at some YouTube videos on how easy it is to edit with this deck.

New they cost $395 but I bought a new one on ebay for $250 and had seen some earlier sales where people paid less than $200. If you don't have one, you might thank me for the suggestion, once you look at what it can do for you.

Reactions: EricJT
Yeah, the Speed Editor just crossed my radar. I used to be a PS whiz, but like you, video editing is pretty new to me beyond the basics. And v18 does sound pretty cool. Looking forward to learning more about it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S