DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Resolving DaVinci Resolve

RaWine

Reactions
Hi. Upgraded my SSD to a larger size. Or rather Best Buy did it.

Anyway, when I tried to load the free version of Resolve, I got a couple warnings to continue or block some actions of DaVinci. I blocked them, thinking if something didn't work I'd just go back and undo the operation. Well, it didn't open up properly. Best Buy installs Web Root which works with Windows defender.
t
I've tried all kinds of settings including turning it off, but can't fix the situation. Looked around the BlackMagic forum for an answer. Couldn't find any applicable threads/

Anyone have a possible answer? If not, guess I will post on Blackmagic forum since i haven't done that yet.

Anyway, when I tried to load the free version of Resolve, I got a couple warnings to continue or block some actions of DaVinci. I blocked them, thinking if something didn't work I'd just go back and undo the operation. Well, it didn't open up properly. Best Buy installs Web Root which works with Windows defender.
t
I've tried all kinds of settings including turning it off, but can't fix the situation. Looked around the BlackMagic forum for an answer. Couldn't find any applicable threads/

Anyone have a possible answer? If not, guess I will post on Blackmagic forum since i haven't done that yet.
I am certainly no expert but I think Best Buy installed some sort of anti-virus software that is blocking your programs. Ask them to send out the Geek Squad and find and uninstall virus blockers or go into the settings and find/disable them.

Reactions: theDRONEranger
It sounds like you may have denied permission for UAC (User Account Control). I would suggest that you uninstall Resolve, Restart you computer then re-install. This time click "allow" when the prompt pops up.

Reactions: theDRONEranger
I've been using a PC with SSD hard drive and resolve for about 6 months. In january, microsoft sent out some updates, and Davinci wouldn't load afterwards.
I reset my pc to a previous point in time, and it worked again. However, as soon as the Microsoft update installed again, it all froze again. I've wiped the PC clean and reinstalled windows from scratch, and then Davinci 16 and 17. No Davinci program will run. After spending hours on solutions, I have finally given up.
An iPad Air arrived today.
Hello Lumafusion. Hope I have more luck with you!

t

Resolve won’t run on Windows 10. You have to upgrade to 10 Premium which will cost you money. That was my experience with Resolve.

Thanks for replies. I still have an option to see if Best Buy can get it loaded. I got it loaded on my less powerful computer, but it runs poorly.

I may go and get Hitfilm again which I used for a little while.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu